Terrinoth adversary decks

By Swordbreaker, in Realms of Terrinoth

These look great, I love the Star Wars ones. It’s a bit unfortunate that they are all reprints of those in the book, but ?‍♂️ I’ll still get them!

Genesys and RoT are my NEW favorite game system and campaign world. So....when I saw the Adversary Cards page I was initially very excited BUT... then immediately disappointed to read that they are ONLY the adversaries from the RoT book. ...

UPDATE : I bought both RoT Adversary Decks with a gift card from amazon I got for Christmas . When I received them I immediately began shuffling through them and noticed how quickly I can find the right monster OR a reference for creating one. The quality is superb. I have discovered that the RoT Adversary Cards are fun to handle and work with and are very useful. I now recommend them. Very cool.

Edited by Gamemasterbob
Changed my point. Updated.

I will say that the first Star Wars cards all used characters that had been previously printed in books, the later ones are where they had new options. Let’s hope they release another couple of decks later that have new npc’s

Great idea but agree it does seem a bit cheap to only give us what's in the book and not throw in a few missing (currently) entities/ specific enemies, it sounds like there's not actually anything new with these other than perhaps the artwork for some of them.

They are going to be really useful for GM'ing though. And bear in mind if they didn't have the entities in the book it would be really annoying too (i.e. if you had new ones but not the ones in the book as if these are useful for you you'd want them at hand for all the entities). I guess the logic is put out the book ones first as it's early enough for people to still be having their first games thus not having used all the book ones. It's a good way to promote the world and the games at events for FFG too, players in demo plays can have a card in front of them which I think sells the idea of using the setting quite well.

It may also be because many of the named entities are tied in to the generic ones- so perhaps it sets up them being able to do cards for named entities with their unique specifics on a 'goes with this card' basis for example cards for Kyndrithul and Vorun'thul that give them some specific unique elements but which you'd use with the LORD OF BILEHALL ( NEMESIS ) card as that's their generic type. I hope they do this as it would be a clever way of doing cards for named key rivals, others like Skarn that don't really have a generic entity type could have totally unique cards. Of course it would be really really clever if they've found a way to use the cards with Descent et al. Or one of us might.

Could be neat for them to do some promo ones popped in with other games which would promote both.

And if you're an on the fly GM (or want to go a bit Munchkin) you can randomize the baddies for a 'Terrinoths of The Unexpected' experience. And the next adversary you encounter is......

Some blanks/printable templates could be useful for players' own creations.

And really neat bit of fun idea- if anyone played Top Trumps as a kid there may be a way to do similar with these as a card game :) Although you'd have to overcome the low number limits somehow- Top Trumps went a bit higher than 5! Might be a bit too easy. Challenge of the week: come up with an idea for a competitive monster/entity vs monster/entity card game using the cards. And maybe the dice but mostly the cards as that's the skill involving bit. Coming soon the Terrinoth games compendium!

I love these cards in the Star Wars RPG; if you GM, they are extremely convenient.

I will wait to see if they release new adversaries in the future. For now Drainsmith’s Aversariers PDF has all the published stats in one convenient document.

Edited by ESP77

Edit

Edited by ESP77

Blanks would certainly be welcome for creating our own. But not with a Terrinoth theme, I'd like some generic ones too. I'm working on a Mission Impossible/Kingsman setting and cards like these are very helpful additions.

If I've counted correctly there are 93 pc/npc entities in the ROT sourcebook that could be the basis for adversaries as even species could be linked to adversaries or included as generic base adversaries.

75 adversaries

+ 4 mounts/ service creatures with data as if adversaries

14 species (player character species) types

Total 93

There are quite a few adversaries only mentioned in the text that aren't fleshed out with stats as well as plenty of as yet unused options from the Terrinoth set games (Skarn, banshee, crow hag, dark minotaur, medusa, bone horror, siege golem, siege tower, obscene....)

So with 20 cards per deck I think we'll get a few more - I think there's at least five, probably six, decks worth with the current canon, more if they're adding to the Terrinoth 'wildlife' which seems to be the way things are headed looking at Runewars Miniatures. Although I keep thinking something's new then finding it was actually in one of the earlier games! So I wouldn't worry about a lack of new stuff- I think it's coming!

It's also going to be useful having pictures of everything- there are just a few where I've wondered what the entity would look like or particularly for new players what some pictures might be and had to do more digging to get to this info.

One really handy aspect of the cards is campaign planning as a GM working on a full campaign- you can split the cards into groups that fit well or fit your campaign's story arc so it gives you a quick planning/sorting tool. And if we get some of the key nemesis that GM's might use you can cull the dead ones to see what's left to challenge the heroes!

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:10 PM, Watercolour Dragon said:

So with 20 cards per deck....

Am I the only one who finds that ridiculous?

On 9/3/2018 at 11:55 PM, Bucho said:

Am I the only one who finds that ridiculous?

.35$ per card?

No, don't find it ridiculous.

So, within a dozen dedicate gamestores within 50 miles of Toledo, one store accidentally got 4...all of which are Denizens. Anyone else have luck actually getting these from a brick and mortar location?

I picked these up last week from my Brick and Mortar store.

Mostly they are great, although not only are all the creatures ones that are already in the book, there are quite a few creatures that are listed in the book and are NOT included in these two decks (Carnivorous Plant, Giant Snake, Elder Dragon, etc). Hopefully this means they will put out a few more decks in the near future.

On 9/7/2018 at 12:17 PM, 10Ten said:

.35$ per card?

No, don't find it ridiculous.

I'm looking at $14.99/20 cards Not really sure how that ends up being $0.35..... but that's not my point. My point is that the pathfinder bestiary 1 is 328 pages, The D&D monster manual is 352 pages. Heck D&D has a very equivalent card based product to this but it's 268 cards.... https://www.miniaturemarket.com/gf973923.html?

On 10/14/2018 at 7:07 PM, Bucho said:

I'm looking at $14.99/20 cards Not really sure how that ends up being $0.35..... but that's not my point. My point is that the pathfinder bestiary 1 is 328 pages, The D&D monster manual is 352 pages. Heck D&D has a very equivalent card based product to this but it's 268 cards.... https://www.miniaturemarket.com/gf973923.html?

Where are you getting 14.99$ from? The FFG store has both decks for 6.95$ each.

Miniature Market has them for 5.99$

You are comparing a brand new product with zero history

to

a product with over 40 years of history and literally hundreds if not over a 1000 different products?

On 10/16/2018 at 11:41 AM, 10Ten said:

Where are you getting 14.99$ from? The FFG store has both decks for 6.95$ each.  Miniature Market has them for 5.99$

That's a little better than I was thinking, I just looked on amazon which has now dropped to $10.99

You are comparing a brand new product with zero history

to

a product with over 40 years of history and literally hundreds if not over a 1000 different products?

That's part of my point. The fantasy rpg genre is really saturated, ffg has a lot of work to do to catch up and instead of doing that.....they're doing this *face palm*

Still not understanding what the issue is.

This product isn't a Monster Manual/Bestiary

It's a campaign setting.

I don't feel like Terrinoth is intended to compete directly with Pathfinder and D&D for content. I chose genesys over either of those systems despite their glut of pregenerated content because it looks like a more functional toolkit (and I doubt I'm the only one). Anything I really need I feel like I can adapt from another game fairly easily.

Personally I like that they're putting out some physical GM'ing aids. Even though I'm not sure I'll need them; I usually use Bookmarked PDFs for reference. Regardless, I can see how nice it would be to have all of the enemies' statistics visible at once.

What size (or ffg color code, i guess) sleeves do they fit into? I can't find anything on the site. Thanks.

If they're the same size as the adversary cards for Star Wars, which I'm assuming they are, you'll want the grey sleeves. Or any other type that fits LCG sized cards.

I’ve just sleeved mine - the silver/gray FFG sleeves fit perfectly.

On 10/22/2018 at 7:49 AM, 10Ten said:

Still not understanding what the issue is.

This product isn't a Monster Manual/Bestiary

It's a campaign setting.

I guess if you'd like to understand where I'm coming from read some reviews of realms of terrinoth.

8 hours ago, Bucho said:

I guess if you'd like to understand where I'm coming from read some reviews of realms of terrinoth  .

Which reviews?

I used " reviews of realms of terrinoth  rpg" as my search criteria in google.

Are the reviews from cannibal halfling gaming, gameingtrend, and tapletopgaming/uk the type of review you are directing me towards?

Does anyone have a list of the cards in the adversary packs?