By Aetheriac, in Runewars List Building

Berserkers [50] 3x3
Cacophony Reaver [6]
Serrated Spines [4]
Frontline Spined Thresher [7]
Cursed Signets [2]
Aggressive Shrieker [5]
Total Unit Cost: 74

I ran this Berserker formation last night. Against soft targets, this hits hard. Brutal 1 and several Lethal on a flank massacred a Reanimate block with Maro in 2 attacks. I knew I was against Waiqar, so I used Cursed Signets to stop blight from landing.

What are some of your experiences?

Cursed Signets is.... meh, in my opinion. The big fear seems to be preventing blight batteries from landing blight, but as a primarily Waiqar player I think it's totally fine if people would rather give me free wounds on my cheap-as-dirt blight battery units. It just multiplies their effectiveness.

Having run this 'zerkstar a number of times, I prefer Warsprinter. On a turn with four red runes, this unit can charge or attack to wipe out a damaged or small unit in front of it and then charge a unit behind it potentially out to range 4.

Serrated Spines + Cacophony Reaver is fun, though given the fact that C. Reaver applies to ranged attacks too, I feel like he might wind up being more of a favorite on whatever ranged unit the Uthuk wind up getting since he's such a huge utility to the whole army.

I’ve run that with Warsprinter instead of signets. The bonkers potential charge range makes them more capable of engaging other DeathStars. Guaranteeing first strike helps. There is a potential weakness in the rally being a modifier since a stun token can stop that rally, but I don’t feel it is enough to justify CS over Warsprinter.

The Lethal 2-7 is interesting. You can expect 8-12 damage on the roll so you can stack it up to 10-19 Damage. Though you are losing figures to do this. Lethal stacking is fun, but I think I’d take Shield Wall first to be competitive.

4 minutes ago, Church14 said:

I’ve run that with Warsprinter instead of signets.

Warsprinter is amazing. Especially combined with Aggressive. Cannot be immobilized = deadly.