Picked up Starters and (gorgeous) Rulebook. Now what?

By Zond, in Anima: Tactics

I've been picking up the odd Anima figure as they are tremendous to paint for some time, and I ended up with the following:

XII

Fallen Angel Ophiel

Odin Goldsmith

Genma

Le Long

Fire Demon

Church Agent

Samael Agent

I had no idea about the game itself until my FLGS actually stocked the starter set and the rulebooks. As it's so cheap I'm looking to demo the game to a few friends and I was wondering where to go purchase wise, just to provide some variety and balance and show off the factions and mechanics a little more. Only looking to buy another 4 to 6 figures really (and it doesn't seem like I will need many). So what are the best models to give my potential converts some variety in playstyles and replayability?

Well,

If your not worried about teams, you could do XII vs Ophiel/genma/sam agent and try out giving XII 2 other figures. Your Odin and Le.

A pair of starters especially if you play 2 games and switch between games, will let a person get a feel for the game and not think your just beating up on them with a bad army matchup.

If your looking to run demonstrations to suck people into the games then I would suggest trying to develop a balanced force, usually only 150 points or less is a good idea otherwise the demonstrations can take a bit long, especially if your teaching it to "walk-ins".

I personally just use the two starter boxes, I usually add a second fighter or ranged type with light if I expand further such as Janos or Daniella while I like to add Genma and the cheapest variant of the Fire Demon to the Dark team so it brings in the summon rules.

All up those teams cover all the basics, plus effects, advance deployment, AoE, Summoning, the only rule they don't cover really is infiltration and stealth both of which are usually a bit much to try to explain to a newcomer during thier first match.

I also avoid talking about Interceptions and I keep the play field pretty open so terrain isnt a major factor. If a person gets hooked on the basics they will usually ask about those sort of rules and then its a good idea to tell them.

Also if you are interested inDemonstrating the game in an official manner then their is the Free Agent program...

www.edgeent.com/animaforum/index.php

- Raith

Raith said:

If your looking to run demonstrations to suck people into the games then I would suggest trying to develop a balanced force, usually only 150 points or less is a good idea otherwise the demonstrations can take a bit long, especially if your teaching it to "walk-ins".

I personally just use the two starter boxes, I usually add a second fighter or ranged type with light if I expand further such as Janos or Daniella while I like to add Genma and the cheapest variant of the Fire Demon to the Dark team so it brings in the summon rules.

All up those teams cover all the basics, plus effects, advance deployment, AoE, Summoning, the only rule they don't cover really is infiltration and stealth both of which are usually a bit much to try to explain to a newcomer during thier first match.

I also avoid talking about Interceptions and I keep the play field pretty open so terrain isnt a major factor. If a person gets hooked on the basics they will usually ask about those sort of rules and then its a good idea to tell them.

Also if you are interested inDemonstrating the game in an official manner then their is the Free Agent program...

www.edgeent.com/animaforum/index.php

- Raith

Good advice