Revised core: worth getting as a board game?

By digitalbusker, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

I have some old WotC Netrunner cards, and the original FFG core and I think the first two expansions. I haven't been playing Netrunner in recent years, and I don't expect that to change, but I'd kind of like to have it in the closet as an option for when my kids are old enough to appreciate the mechanics.

Is the revised Android: Netrunner core set worth picking up just to have, or should I stick with the various Netrunner cards I already have and don't play with?

Yes, sure.

Well the revise core can still be found but since you already have an old core, you won't find as much value in yet another core as you would in some of the other products, if you can find them. Check your local game stores. Maybe they still have some stock. The deluxe boxes will bring you the most cards and hence options for the buck.

The revised core is a much more balanced "out of box" game than the original core, so if you can get one and want it as a boxed game by itself, I'd say go for it.

And either core are way more balanced and diverse than the WotC one.

In short: yes. I just wouldn't try to pick up everything for the game piecemeal now.

6 hours ago, CommissarFeesh said:

The revised core is a much more balanced "out of box" game than the original core, so if you can get one and want it as a boxed game by itself, I'd say go for it.

Loads of playability out of the core alone - go for it!

The great thing about the core is that it's not like the core sets of other FFG games. They give you more than one copy of cards that are fundamentally important (Hedge fund, sure gamble and various agendas). The cards aren't the best but the decks work like the do in the full game.

Okay, well, I picked it up. I'll check back in in ten years when I finally play it, if this forum still exists for some reason.

That and terminal directive as a nice little 2 player legacy game. I suggest getting some cardstock to turn the stickers into token or find some way to keep playing Terminal directive.

How does one keep playing Terminal Directive? I thought there were partial stickers as well, which might make it hard for just having cardstock around.

2 hours ago, Hordeoverseer said:

How does one keep playing Terminal Directive? I thought there were partial stickers as well, which might make it hard for just having cardstock around.

What I personally did: I cut out each sticker and use it like this placed into sleeves along the card it is supposed to modify.

For the progress board, I just printed some homemade ones made on Excel and ill in the info needed with a paper pencil. And of course I'm not tearing apart any component.

I was able to play the campaign 4 times so far

I've bought two revised coresets to work as a standalone game I can carry around without having to sort out the cards needed for a quick game. That said, I think having at least two Core 2.0's to play standalone (or as part of a small collection) is better than having just one because the high number of one-of-cards will hamper your deckbuilding options quite a bit. Three Cores, I think, are overkill, but a single one means a lot of randomness.