No Update this week?

By Drais, in Deathwatch

I guess there is no update this week?

Yeah, WTF?!?

Like it's not bad enough you decided to drag out the Chapter announcements over 6 weeks anyway?

Maybe they've given up due to the fact all most people can do about them is ***** and complain...

Space Monkey said:

Maybe they've given up due to the fact all most people can do about them is ***** and complain...

FTW.

Sadly it's the Vocal Minority. The Silent Majority just sit back and appreciate what's given to them.

I know Velvet, but I just needed a form of release.

At the end of the day, I'm no FFG fanboi, I've been into role playing games for the past 20+ years and I just appreciate what the writers do and what they have to go through. Some people seem to forget at times that it's not their god (Emperor) given right to have these books ("Where's my update!!", "How dare they release this 2 months late!!!", "Who ate the last packet of salt and vinegar, dammit!!", erm, ok... scrap that last one sonrojado.gif ).

FFG don't have to give us any tidbits of info on ANY of their books if they don't want to. They could just keep everything quiet until the book comes out if they wish (although drumming up some hype doesn't hurt their sales gui%C3%B1o.gif ). The roleplaying industry is hardly a huge money earner compared to other avenues and I'm pretty sure Fantasy Flight could survive without the 40K RPG line... hell, they've done so all these years before they even got the licence.

So cut the guys some slack, peeps.... please? How do you think they feel when they come on here and see all this negativity? I know how I'd feel and to be honest it wouldn't do much for my morale.

Just needed to vent, thanks for your time.

They've probably been a bit busy releasing Ascension and Lure of the Expanse. I'm sure they'll come up with some juicy stuff sooner rather than later.

Space Monkey said:

I will grant you that, Space Monkey. But ... it is just cruel and inhumane to set us up to expect a weekly update, then leave us swinging in the breeze like that. gran_risa.gif

Sister Cat said:

I will grant you that, Space Monkey. But ... it is just cruel and inhumane to set us up to expect a weekly update, then leave us swinging in the breeze like that. gran_risa.gif

Welcome to the Imperium.

Kaihlik

Kaihlik said:

Sister Cat said:

Welcome to the Imperium.

Kaihlik

Heh, heh ... exactly. gran_risa.gif

It was disappointing not to see a new DD last week, but as others have observed, I expect they were just busy attending to other matters. The DD are, after all, just a little extra rather than being something vital.

I'm quietly hoping for a well-timed Blood Angels revelation this Friday.

But I'll be pleased with whatever we get. Well, perhaps that's a little rash... Still, I expect it will be interesting, whichever Chapter is covered.

I know but looking at the artwork on the website we can tell that Iron Hands ans Dark Angels are teo of the chapters.

EDIT: sorry my mistake Blood Angels and Dark Angels

BA and DA, yeah big surprise. They might do something unexpected with the 6th chapter. I'm hoping it's Raven Guard, but not holding my breath.

Since we already know BA and DA are in, why not give us the missing two? I know, suspense will get our appetites going.

If the next two chapters announced are DA and BA, why bother reading the articles. We already know from the DW main page that they are included.

I bet they are far too busy reading the forums to sort out an other update ;) mudda fuggers! :)

Est_1987 said:

I know but looking at the artwork on the website we can tell that Blood Angles and Dark Angels are two of the chapters.

Not to start a fight or anything but because we don't know and I have to be devil's advocate here, but just because there is "art" for the DA and BA doesn't mean they are in the book for sure. After all the DH main rule book has a picture of a Space Wolf (I believe from the 13th Company) on page 15, what appears to be a Dark Angle on page 81, Grey Knights on page 262, and yet no Marine in the book. There are pictures of Sister's of Battle also yet they are not made playable till IH; and there are a lot of pictures of Ships in the DH books yet no rules for those came out till Rouge Trader.

In concept art does not equal in game. Not trying to start anything but we have to remember that. I would like those two chapters in game also but I’m weary of getting my hopes up and “Being sure,” only to have them dashed aside when the reveals or the book itself, which ever comes first, shows I was wrong.

Edit: Also, just saw this, but the Marine on the Description page between Apothecary and Assault Marine is an Iron Hand... so, that's cool. Not that I’m drawing any conclusions just no one’s noticed that yet. You can see the side of the skull on his right shoulder, his right hand is silver yet all the other art Marines have black right hands, and his left arm is an augmentation (some kind of claw). All signs of the Iron Hands.

TCBC Freak said:

Est_1987 said:

I know but looking at the artwork on the website we can tell that Blood Angles and Dark Angels are two of the chapters.

Not to start a fight or anything but because we don't know and I have to be devil's advocate here, but just because there is "art" for the DA and BA doesn't mean they are in the book for sure. After all the DH main rule book has a picture of a Space Wolf (I believe from the 13th Company) on page 15, what appears to be a Dark Angle on page 81, Grey Knights on page 262, and yet no Marine in the book. There are pictures of Sister's of Battle also yet they are not made playable till IH; and there are a lot of pictures of Ships in the DH books yet no rules for those came out till Rouge Trader.

In concept art does not equal in game. Not trying to start anything but we have to remember that. I would like those two chapters in game also but I’m weary of getting my hopes up and “Being sure,” only to have them dashed aside when the reveals or the book itself, which ever comes first, shows I was wrong.

Edit: Also, just saw this, but the Marine on the Description page between Apothecary and Assault Marine is an Iron Hand... so, that's cool. Not that I’m drawing any conclusions just no one’s noticed that yet. You can see the side of the skull on his right shoulder, his right hand is silver yet all the other art Marines have black right hands, and his left arm is an augmentation (some kind of claw). All signs of the Iron Hands.

The question is whether the art being referenced is original or recycled GW art. Both are used in all 40K RP books. Looking at the art on the website however it all appears to be original. That lends a lot of weight to theories of what Chapters will be in the book. And yes that one illustration does appear to be of an Iron Hand (black shoulder with a white symbol, hevy facial bionics, and a steel colored right hand all point in that direction). I hadn't looked closely at it until now. Perhaps Iron Hands are in after all. I had doubted it, but that really does look like one.

I thought Iron Hands would make a great chapter for one of the six, especially if they plan on having Bionics someplace in the rules, plus they would make Awesome tech-marines for the DW.