Lothal Wastes Skirmish Map?

By Pwmf, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Has somebody messed up? This map isn't in the rotation (we can't buy the last map added in yet) and the SWI160 code suggests have jumped several products.

I'm guessing that they're just trying to get it out there alongside the expansion, giving people time to pick it up before it's actually used in the tournaments. If so I'd say it's a nice change! :)

The maps are normally out shortly after the article, which would put this out before the expansion, but we were due Uscru Entertainment District, which is in rotation and they have not announced its release, considering the value of the maps is tied to using them in rotation this is a very bad.

Even though the timing is odd to say the least, the map itself looks very interesting. Lots of nice corner work and cross shots possible.

I really like how you can have a mobile unit hide in that one big tile and only ever be shot by other mobile things XD.

3 minutes ago, MadFuhrer said:

I really like how you can have a mobile unit hide in that one big tile and only ever be shot by other mobile things XD.

Holy crap. Yeah that's perfect, you don't even have to move in and out to get shots. Just stand on the top of that cone, and you can see out but they can't see you...

Huh.

Boba, Jet Troopers, Probe Droids, they're going to love that spot. Unless it turns out to be worthless objective wise.

Just now, Rogue Dakotan said:

Holy crap. Yeah that's perfect, you don't even have to move in and out to get shots. Just stand on the top of that cone, and you can see out but they can't see you...

Huh.

Boba, Jet Troopers, Probe Droids, they're going to love that spot. Unless it turns out to be worthless objective wise.

You go there, i'll go somewhere else haha.

Perhaps they're signaling rotation of nal hutta swamps? *then I woke from the dream*

1 hour ago, wannabepudge said:

You go there, i'll go somewhere else haha.

Seems you'll have full control over the terminals from that position.

Confused. Which expansion is this in? And did I miss Uscru (unless this is the u-scruing)?

The map looks awesome. We'll have to see what the objectives are like.

And we'll have to wait for a new tournament regulations including the map.

If it's confirmed soon we won't be able to play it unless we get the playmat. Note that it includes the mission cards like assuming we won't get them earlier. I think it's the first time the cards are included.

Seems that lately they are messing up with the IA updates or news because of the delay of the next wave for whatever reason (Legion?)

14 minutes ago, bokepasa said:

And we'll have to wait for a new tournament regulations including the map.

If it's confirmed soon we won't be able to play it unless we get the playmat. Note that it includes the mission cards like assuming we won't get them earlier. I think it's the first time the cards are included.

Seems that lately they are messing up with the IA updates or news because of the delay of the next wave for whatever reason (Legion?)

I always get the mission cards with the FFG maps. They're in the top part. I always wonder what to do with them.

Ahm, I didn't know that. I thought it was something new, I never got a playmat ? . Thanks for the clarification.

Then the cards are redundant if you have the expansions although in this case they may be needed. Who knows?

Edited by bokepasa

The map won’t be required until the expansion hits. I can’t imagine them requiring the playmat.

Lets hope this means we’ll see an earlier release of Lothal ?

-ryanjamal

2 hours ago, bokepasa said:

Ahm, I didn't know that. I thought it was something new, I never got a playmat ? . Thanks for the clarification.

Then the cards are redundant if you have the expansions although in this case they may be needed. Who knows?

They always give you the mission cards for the people who might buy these maps for organized play in lieu of buying a big box + figure.

7 hours ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

The map looks awesome. We'll have to see what the objectives are like.

Pick up crates or control crates are your only options

9 hours ago, Rogue Dakotan said:

What about Nexu and possibly Lothcats with mobile?

2 hours ago, buckero0 said:

What about Nexu and possibly Lothcats with mobile?

Lothcats aren’t mobile.

Map looks pretty interesting, again looks like mobile figures are going to have an advantage, looks like the objectives are spread around the outside, looks like both sides could stall the engagement a bit, I haven't played U scru Entertainment District enough yet but that also seems to be more action on turn three type map, I think in general the maps in rotation are going to favour the shorter ranged units a little more.

16 hours ago, ryanjamal said:

The map won’t be required until the expansion hits. I can’t imagine them requiring the playmat.

Lets hope this means we’ll see an earlier release of Lothal ?

-ryanjamal

That's true. They would not be legal at Gencon if they're simply a pre-release. Since I don't see it getting to stores before September, it's safe to say rotation won't be until then.

22 hours ago, Rogue Dakotan said:

As far as I know, you cannot shoot through a corner between two blocking squares.

On this map Greedo is even more awesome. #GIA