I bought it!

By Budgernaut, in Realms of Terrinoth

I picked this book up today and read all the way through chapter 1. I'm a Runewars Miniatures Game player and have been playing in Terrinoth since 2011, after picking up Rune Age and the Runewars. So I have no intention of playing the game, but I really wanted to read more about the lore in this game -- and it did not disappoint! There are some really neat things that expand on the lore I've been piecing together over time. It was such a joy to read!

One issue, though: so many typos!! It's such a shame that it was pushed out so fast or nobody proof-read it enough to get those typos out.

Still, I wish every person who said Terrinoth was a bland setting would read chapter 1 of this book. It's good!

Chapter three is also great for setting information.

19 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

One  issue, th  ough: so many typos!! It's such a shame that it was pushed out so fas  t or nobody proof-read it enough to get those typos ou  t. 

This was disappointing to me too, the Star Wars rpg books have had very few errors so it was quite surprising. If I had to guess they didn’t know if this book would sell so they allocated a lower budget, but if they did they still pulled out an amazing product.

Maybe it's the computer age to blame- I've noticed the more I've used tech the more often I mistype stuff, and that's for someone with high writing and proofreading skills so I think it's that we've got used to doing lots of things very quickly. And reading them really quickly so we may be more prone to missing errors as our brains filter them out. Plus I used to reread everything very carefully but now I find I don't always do so due to time :) (I frequently annoy the proverbial out of myself by not closing brackets in online posts, something I've noticed recently, he says deliberately not closing this one to make the point.

The 40k lines used to be packed with typos. Maybe the same editors for this line.

The Star Wars stuff all gets approved though LFL, I wonder if that’s where most of the difference is, in the additional eyes they put on those books.

My goodness! I'm in the character creation chapter and it feels like the typos are getting worse! I thought perhaps the game mechanics might be looked over more than the lore, and therefore have fewer typos. Guess I was wrong.

Don't misunderstand me; I am harsh on this because I am such a fan. I want to see FFG do Terrinoth justice.

It’s no consolation but most questionable rules have been spotted by forum members, with answers from FFG posted in the pinned FAQ thread.

I just picked it up as well, I had every intention of just buying the Terrinoth book but walked away with a Genesys core book and a set of dice too. I love the setting and the lore I've been able to cobble together with the other games. I'm hoping we see FF really continue to push content and lore, maybe novels or similar content as to what we see with Legend of the Five Rings.

I just spent the past couple of days going through the first 2 chapters of the book, and I must admit... it's got me interested in the lore. I picked up the book because I love the Genesys system, and after playing sci-fi games for many years, I had an urge to play a fantasy game. Terrinoth has always been a bland fantasy setting to me, but with the book fleshing out the lore, I thought I'd give it a try. Although I'm still questioning some of the name choices for characters and locations (Llovar being perhaps the least fear-inducing name for a villain, and what's up with the Soulstone lineage?), I did enjoy the story.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:20 AM, Veruca said:

(Llovar  being perhaps  the least  fear-inducing name for a villain  , and what's up with the Soulstone lineage?), I did enjoy the story.

I don't know, 2 L's at the beginning of a name is kind of scary.

On 8/18/2018 at 5:00 AM, Flobio said:

I don't know, 2 L's at the beginning of a name is kind of scary.

Well, not as scary as Splig, King of the Golbins .

It's Splig, King of ALL Goblins. I played him with a Negan voice (AMC's Walking Dead) and put a verbal comma after All. Lucile was a Magma worm which he my PC's because He can't have adventurers coming after him. Poor Lucile never had a chance.

18 hours ago, Flobio said:

It's Splig, King of ALL Golbins .

There, fixed that for you. :P