Genesis and Spin Cycle after the end of Net Runner?

By Marinealver, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

So the whole idea of cycle rotation was to keep the number of cards to manage for meta in check to avoid broken combos. But now that A:NR card number has been given a very finite limit in the near future, what about all the cards that has been rotated out? Are you going to just throw them in the mix? Are you going to keep them banned? Will you try and errata them to fit better with the last state of Netrunner? Will you mix them up for Draft play?

I will play kitchen table with mostly unusual / quirky decks. There is no "abusive" meta in my house, and if a card starts to be annoying and unfun, it will go on our own personal ban list. This is why such kind of game is nice, you can tailor it however you like

Edited by Hellvlad
typo
On 6/9/2018 at 3:49 PM, Hellvlad said:

I will play kitchen table with mostly unusual / quirky decks. There is no "abusive" meta in my house, and if a card starts to be annoying and unfun, it will go on our own personal ban list. This is why such kind of game is nice, you can tailor it however you like

This sounds the best.

Back in X-wing 1st edition when people were talking a ban list I proposed instead of banning certain pilot/upgrade cards we should ban certain card combos.

So Parasite and Data Sucker is a broken combo, however Parasite with Wyrm I think is an interesting combo in which you can use an Icebreaker to trash ICE. Maybe we can come up wit ha list of banned combinations to keep things fresh.

12 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Maybe we can come up wit ha list of banned combinations to keep things fresh.

Sounds interesting - I'll probably limit core set cards to the number of copies in a single core (which is what I own); shouldn't be too much of a problem like this.