Harpooned!

By Pooleman, in Battle Reports

w8lJwNj.jpg This is just a short battle report from a game I lost but enjoyed. Here is actually fired on the AT-ST, then harpooned the bikes and turned them so they would do a compulsory move off the board.

This is just a short battle report

Can't argue with that description lol :D

Glad you had fun, and that's the best use of a harpoon everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

So you rolled a crit with the harpoon?

2 hours ago, Deuzerre said:

So you rolled a crit with the harpoon?

Yes.

So, it's funny, but I'm relatively certain this doesn't work. When the harpoons wounds a vehicle, you perform a pivot with that vehicle. It doesn't say "pivot action" or "vehicle unit" for the second part and you have to apply damage to the Joe before the leader unless the Joe is an ineligible model (which it isn't in this picture).

Basically, you roll a crit, they fail the defense roll, wound gets applied to joe, you pivot the Joe because it was the only vehicle wounded, but it doesn't change the facing on the leader and thus doesn't force them off the board with the compulsory move.

In the RRG, "vehicle" is defined as a unit, not the miniature. It's counter-intuitive wording but yes, harpoons do work on speeder bikes.

Under "Vehicle":

Avehicle is a unit type that consists of one or more miniatures
affixed to either a medium, large, or huge base.

Under "Pivot":

- To pivot, a player rotates the unit leader’s base around the
base’s center point. The center point of the unit leader’s base
should remain in place throughout the pivot.
- If a notched-base unit contains multiple miniatures, each
mini in the unit must pivot so the orientation of its base
matches the orientation of the unit leader’s base.

This specific interaction was also clarified in the FAQ thread. Although I just went looking for it to link here and it seems some of the posts have been deleted... I guess they’re going to use that thread as a temporary place to clear things up before they make it into the RRG? (Even though this interaction did not receive any red text as far as I remember seeing...)

At any rate, I think this is another instance of confusing “mini” and “unit”. @colki quoted the relevant parts.