Very pleased that another Solo game hits the shelves

By Cejel, in Heroes of Terrinoth

A solo game based in the Terrinoth universe - Perfect! ?

I've had to play solo games since my group has totally broken up. Getting other players and the time to get together is pretty much impossible these days. ?

Descent with The App allowed the dungeon crawl to continue for solo play. It's definitely hardcore with all those pieces and tokens all over the table, but still a lot of fun. WHQ:ACG did fill a void for solo play. Too bad it died so abruptly because of the license issue.

I expect a plethora of expansions for this new game. I'm really looking forward to the release of it. And basing it in Terrinoth gives it a nice familiarity - I already know these guys. The solo playing aspect is what really excites me. How many others are also considering it for its solo aspect?

2 hours ago, Cejel said:

A solo game based in the Terrinoth universe - Perfect! ?

I've had to play solo games since my group has totally broken up. Getting other players and the time to get together is pretty much impossible these days. ?

Descent with The App allowed the dungeon crawl to continue for solo play. It's definitely hardcore with all those pieces and tokens all over the table, but still a lot of fun. WHQ:ACG did fill a void for solo play. Too bad it died so abruptly because of the license issue.

I expect a plethora of expansions for this new game. I'm really looking forward to the release of it. And basing it in Terrinoth gives it a nice familiarity - I already know these guys. The solo playing aspect is what really excites me. How many others are also considering it for its solo aspect?

Legacy of Dragonholt can be played solo if you are interested too(Terrinoth again)

Also mainly a solo gamer and enjoyed WHQ: ACG so very excited to see the system get new life and play a new solo game.

Same here. Love to play board and card games, but often lacking companions. WHQ:ACQ was one of my favorite solo games.
I loved WHQ:ACG to bits, played it always solo with two heroes. This worked perfectly if not always successful (but that is part of the charm).
Great characters with different play styles; especially loved the Witch Hunter.

After the discontinuation, I PnP-ed several fan-made adventures (thank you Crusaderlord and other makers).

But the news of the restart is wonderful. Terrinoth is great as well. Descent, Legacy of Dragonholt, the Genesys sourcebook. And now Heroes of Terrinoth!

It feels like coming home after a dismal day.

Life is funny, the old time/money/energy trifecta where it just seems impossible to have all 3 at once. I love solo board gaming and do it on a regular basis, especially since my son was born. I can drop the game and go to him any time I need to and not have to worry about holding up multiple people.

I still like to get together with the old gang, but I find as life moves on and I grow up that time shrinks more and more - so I say, the more solo games the better! I will definitely be buying the core to try this out.

I play 90% of my time in solo mode. So every new game is welcome in this mode. FFG found out years ago that games with a solo mode not only sell great, ... but they just keep going.

The reason is obvious. You can set them up whenever you want, you decide the pace, the tension, the timing. No need to search for players when in the mood.

I like these solo games in any form really, card driven, bot driven or App driven and they last forever. Just look at the 13 year old Arkham Horror, the 25 year old DungeonQuest, Lord of the Ring LCG,...

Some people say solo (able) games are niche. I think they are wrong. I think they up sales by up to 30% at the very least. Couple that with a much longer life time in sales and playing time and for both production houses as players they are a sound investment.

As for this game, I am pretty sure it will last a decade or more as a selling point. The only thing needed is a good balanced play, something the last 2 scenarios of the WH Quest card game lacked a bit in solo mode with 2 characters.

4 hours ago, MMOfan said:

The  only thing needed is a good balanced play, something      the last 2 scenarios of the WH Quest card game lacked a bit in solo mode with 2 characters.

Funny, I have never even beaten the second scenario ... Are you saying the last two were too hard or too easy?

On 6/11/2018 at 12:20 PM, Budgernaut said:

Funny, I have never even beaten the second scenario ... Are you saying the last two were too hard or too easy?

The last 2 were unbeatable. The first 3 could be won, but then the campaign would always go off rails.