Announcing Con of the Rings 2018!

By McDog3, in Player community

Introducing Con of the Rings 2018 , a fan-driven convention for LotR:LCG to be held at Fantasy Flight Games Center in Roseville, MN October 12-14, 2018. Come join us as we take on a large-scale saga campaign, where groups will play their own part in the larger "fellowship" beating all the saga quests. Other organized play events include the Bear Draft (cube draft from HallOfBeorn) format and the new competitive format introduced in The Wizard's Quest. But wait, there's more! There will be daily raffles for FFG gift cards, exclusive con swag, and a special, live trivia game show hosted by notable community members!

Any comments or questions can be directed towards [email protected] , posted here, or posted in the LotR community discord within the #con-of-the-rings channel.

Will the game show be recorded and posted on Youtube? I probably won't make it and don't want to miss out. Also, I didn't see on the page, do I need to back to get in; or are there tickets available?

Edited by Wandalf the Gizzard
-
2 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

Will the game show be recorded and posted on Youtube? I probably won't make it and don't want to miss out. Also, I didn't see on the page, do I need to back to get in; or are there tickets available?

There are no plans currently to do any kind of official recording or streaming, but we are taking it into consideration.

Regarding the second question, the easiest way to guarantee access is to pledge on the Kickstarter - which gives you a ticket (Ally pledge level gives a 1-day ticket, Hero pledge level gives a full 3-day ticket). We're essentially using it as our ticket registration. We have a limited number of seats available so on-site registration is unknown currently - it is dependent on just how close to capacity we reach through the KS campaign. We will be posting updates on the KS throughout its campaign, so if you're unsure about attendance at this time please feel free to follow along with the updates as we may have more clarity on any on-site availability of tickets towards the end of the campaign.

Thanks!

I think video recordings of the some of the games will help build participation for next year, so please consider it!