Store Championship List and Prizes Dropped

By TheWelcomeMat88, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Feels like a missed opportunity to not have Terro and Zillo Technique as the promos instead. Elite Jet Trooper promo would have been nice too.

Also I wonder what the 3rd Heroic promo for the TO will say in the corner instead of 1st or 2nd.

Ya many of us would love a promo for Ejets or Weequays or something along those lines, but the reality is FFG wants us to buy multiples of their big boxes. I know those alt cards aren't technically 'street legal' for tourneys, but I doubt anyone would question you on it.. they sure didn't on the IA worlds final anyway. And I don't think it gets anymore high stakes than that?

I feel like this store champ prize kit is worse than the Q1 or Q2 kits, lol. The alt arts for the first kit were awesome, the hidden tokens were well done. The Hoth probe droid and popular driven by hatred alt card are also awesome for Q2 along with the unique bleed tokens. Then for the store champ, the one that has stakes and we want to promote to try and grow our game, the one that will cost a lot more to enter as well, they bring out the D list cards. Great art, don't get me wrong, but why not Terro? Why not someone we care about? Why not a iconic character that will help attract players to the game? At least the top 4 get a sweet acrylic.. oh wait it is another dial, with the most lackluster emblem to date. Did they just throw that together last minute?

Disappointing to say the least. I was hoping to be able to use this as bait to help grow my local scene. At least the seasonal kits seem to be doing pretty good.

2 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

I know those alt cards aren't technically 'street legal' for tourneys,

Why?

Heroic Effort isn’t an attachment.... good job FFG.

3 minutes ago, viktr said:

Heroic Effort isn’t an attachment.... good job FFG.

Wow. What an oversight. Also, it annoys me how similar it looks to Rebel High Command, that I might mistake my opponents stuff for that...

Shame on FFG! Fire the people that can't even do a simple job like copying a card. This is a marketing operation to keep the game local communities alive and growing. They managed this like if they had to provide idiotic gadgets for keeping the kids quiet. They don't understand that what you give is what you get. When I see things like this, I feel like ready to quit this game.

No dates right? It's nor just my phone right?

On 6/7/2018 at 8:26 AM, buckero0 said:

No dates right? It's nor just my phone right?

For store championships, the individual stores set their dates for the event, not FFG.

On 6/7/2018 at 12:05 AM, aermet69 said:

Wow. What an oversight. Also, it annoys me how similar it looks to Rebel High Command, that I might mistake my opponents stuff for that...

the heroic effort alt art is spot gloss. Every other spot gloss card they have made has used the same artwork as the original card. It may not be the case, but it really looks like they used the RHC art by mistake.

On 6/6/2018 at 7:04 PM, Tvboy said:

Feels like a missed opportunity to not have Terro and Zillo Technique as the promos instead. Elite Jet Trooper promo would have been nice too.

Also I wonder what the 3rd Heroic promo for the TO will say in the corner instead of 1st or 2nd.

per the spoiled photos on facebook, it's just blank

Edited by Fightwookies

Definitely call the listed store to find out details. Of the 5 listed stores in our area, only 1 has a date actually set. Two of them seem to have ordered or received the store championship kits in error and are not planning on running anything (we might help one store pull it off). The other 2 are yet to set their dates.

46 minutes ago, Fightwookies said:

the heroic effort alt art is spot gloss. Every other spot gloss card they have made has used the same artwork as the original card. It may not be the case, but it really looks like they used the RHC art by mistake.

This is the same art they used for the Mon Mothma spot gloss for Destiny at 2017 Worlds. I know it's not unusual for them to reuse art between games, but it is strange they didn't just use the Heroic Effort art, or at least something that isn't so similar to RHC.

49 minutes ago, curethedust said:

This is the same art they used for the Mon Mothma spot gloss for Destiny at 2017 Worlds. I know it's not unusual for them to reuse art between games, but it is strange they didn't just use the Heroic Effort art, or at least something that isn't so similar to RHC.

for sure. all the other spot gloss they have made uses the same art as the original. either they're doing something new or they screwed up. Considering that is also says attachment, my brain leans towards screw up.

I'm a bit surprised no one has yet commented that they also seem to have removed the plaque for first place this year. : /

An all-around EXTREMELY lame prize pool, frankly.

Edited by IndyPendant
20 hours ago, IndyPendant said:

I'm a bit surprised no one has yet commented that they also seem to have removed the plaque for first place this year. : /

agreed it's a very poor kit

They can make it up to us by producing alternative sculpts of favorite figures. I'd rather have figures over a plaque any day

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:42 AM, IndyPendant said:

In comparison to last year, it's not just the plaque for first place that is removed, but they had those cool terminal tokens as well.

Necro'ing this. Just got the Heroic Effort card. Is it normal that the plastic cards are the size of card games and not the size of IA cards?

9 hours ago, aermet69 said:

Necro'ing this. Just got the Heroic Effort card. Is it normal that the plastic cards are the size of card games and not the size of IA cards?

No, Heroic Effort is an anomaly. I have a copy too, it seems to me they used a different material and a different size card, and mine came in a different sleeve than they normally package them in as well. Also for some reason they made Heroic Effort an attachment, when it's just an upgrade. Seems like they got a little sloppy on this one!

Yeah it annoyed me aswell, especially since I dont have a sleeve that fits it.

Edited by Isnigu

i think the reason it says attachment is because they forgot to take it out of the basic card template but this doesn't mean it is acceptable. also the new probe droid doesn't have a middle line between the surges.

2 hours ago, Zagnoroth said:

i think the reason it says attachment is because they forgot to take it out of the basic card template but this doesn't mean it is acceptable. also the new probe droid doesn't have a middle line between the surges.

The German Dewback Rider also lacked that line. But German promo cards in general have a lot of mistakes. R2-d2 has the campaign symbol, and Han gains a Dodge for every block, to name two.