Star Wars: Legion Official Rulings

By OfficialRules, in Rules

Question: Can a unit be issued an order via another game effect after using the Battle Meditation upgrade card when it would have otherwise been issued an order via a command card? For example, the command card Give Into Your Anger is played and Emperor Palpatine uses Battle Meditation to issue an order to another unit instead of himself--can that other unit use the Comms Relay upgrade card to issue that order to Emperor Palpatine instead?

Answer: Yes. Because Emperor Palpatine was never issued an order, he is still eligible to be issued an order by another game effect.

Question: If General Grievous is wounded and equipped with Tenacity and attacks two different units, does he add 1 red die to each attack pool?

Answer: Yes. The Tenacity upgrade card adds 1 red die to each melee attack pool formed by the unit.

Question: While the effects of the Limited Visibility condition card are active, can a unit use Fire Support even if the distance between it and the defender is beyond the ranges specified by Limited Visibility?

Answer: No. The unit using Fire Support must be able to contribute weapons that are eligible to be used for a ranged attack as if that unit were making a ranged attack . The defender is beyond the range at which a ranged attack can be performed, and therefore the unit's ranged weapons are not eligible to be added to a ranged attack at that distance via Fire Support.

Question: When panicked and moving toward the closest edge of the battlefield, do droid troopers perform a single move action or two move actions?

Answer: Droid troopers, like all other trooper types, perform only one move action while panicked.

Question: Do the bases of miniatures block line of sight?

Answer: No.

Question: Can a creature trooper both displace enemy trooper minis and start a melee with that enemy unit?

Answer: Only if it also ends its movement in base contact with one of the unit's minis without displacing that mini.

Question: My Luke Skywalker has Saber Throw equipped, and I play his command card Son of Skywalker. If I perform a melee attack action that defeats the unit I am engaged with, can I then perform a ranged attack with Saber Throw?

Answer: No. Saber Throw is treated as an attack action, and units can perform only 1 attack action during their activation.

Question 1: When playing with the Hostage Exchange objective card, can an enemy unit engage the unit equipped with the Hostage card in melee prior to turn 1?

Answer: No, melees cannot be started and units cannot become engaged during Setup.

Question 2: Are Minefield condition tokens considered to be “enemy effects” for the purposes of the Hostage card? What happens when a mine token detonates at range 1 of a unit equipped with a Hostage on turn 1?

Answer: No, it is not an enemy effect. When that mine token detonates, perform an attack against the unit with the Hostage card.

Question 3: What about Bane tokens? What happens when an enemy Kablammo! token detonates at range 1 of a unit equipped with a Hostage card on turn 1?

Answer: An enemy Kablammo! token is an enemy effect. When an enemy Kablammo! token detonates, do not perform an attack against the friendly unit with the Hostage card.

Friendly Kabalmmo! tokens are not enemy effects. If a friendly Kablammo! token detonates at range 1 of a friendly unit with the Hostage card, perform an attack against that unit.

Question 4: If I move my unit equipped with the Hostage card to within range 1 of a Bane token during round 1, what happens?

Answer: The unit with the Hostage card has Immune: Enemy Effects during round 1. In this unusual situation, the Bane token is not revealed.

Question 5: I deployed my unit equipped with the Hostage in base contact with a Bane token, and at the start of turn 1 my opponent chooses to reveal it. It’s the Here I Am token, which would normally result in Cad Bane being placed into base contact with and engaged with my unit. Because Cad Bane cannot start a melee with the Hostage unit, what happens?

Answer: Normally, Cad Bane would be placed in base contact, starting a melee, and the two units would be engaged. However, the Hostage card prevents enemy units from starting a melee, so Cad Bane is instead placed as close possible to the Hostage unit, following the recommendations found in the Margin of Error section of the Rules Reference.

Question: Are mine condition tokens, bane tokens, and bombing run objective tokens removed after they detonate, since they don’t have the detonate keyword?

Answer: Yes, they are removed after they detonate. Unless stated otherwise, after a token detonates, it is removed.

Question 1: How do units with the Incognito keyword interact with certain objective cards? When playing Bombing Run, can they be assigned objective tokens during deployment?

Answer: Since a unit with Incognito does not count as a unit leader for the purposes of objective cards, they cannot be assigned objective tokens during Setup when playing with Bombing Run. If the unit subsequently loses the effects of Incognito during the game, it can interact with the objective tokens as normal.

Question 2: Can they earn victory tokens when playing Intercept the Transmissions, Payload, Key Positions, and Breakthrough?

Answer: Units with the Incognito keyword can earn victory tokens from these objective cards only if they have lost the effects of the Incognito keyword.

Question: If the miniature of a large repulsor unit such as an AAT is fully obscuring a condition token placed by the Minefield condition card, what happens when another unit moves into range 1 of the token?

Answer: Because the unit cannot draw line of sight to the condition token through the AAT, the token does not detonate.

Question: When a unit with the Covert Ops keyword infiltrates and selects a Special Forces or Core unit to be the new commander, can that unit be the target of an enemy unit’s Bounty keyword?

Answer: Yes, because the unit is chosen and promoted to commander before the target of the bounty keyword is chosen.

Question: When a unit has the Loadout keyword, what cards can be swapped when that unit deploys?

Answer: When that unit deploys, for each of its equipped upgrade cards, it chooses to keep that upgrade card or to swap it with a set-aside upgrade card of the same type. However, each upgrade card can be swapped only for a card of equal or lesser value.

For example, Cassian Andor is equipped with Hunter, Endurance, and Environmental Gear. His set-aside upgrades are Duck and Cover, Offensive Push, and Grappling Hooks. When he deploys, he can choose to swap Hunter for either Duck and Cover or Offensive Push, Endurance for either Duck and Cover or Offensive Push, and Environmental Gear for Grappling Hooks. He cannot, however, swap Endurance for Grappling Hooks.

Question: What happens when a unit leader with a wound threshold of 2 is defeated while in a unit with a wound threshold of 1? When that mini replaces another mini in the unit, does that unit essentially gain an additional wound?

Answer. No. When that unit leader is defeated and replaces another mini in the unit, it must be assigned a wound token. Essentially, the number of wounds a unit has remaining must remain the same.

Question: How does cohesion and melee work when one of the unit’s minis can’t move through the other unit’s minis? For example, can small base trooper minis “surround” a tauntaun mini they are engaged with, even though trooper minis are not allowed to move through creature trooper minis?

Answer: When minis are being placed in cohesion, they are considered to be able to move through any enemy trooper minis with which they are engaged.