Wasp and Fox confirmed

By Coyote Walks, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

23 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

The Sesai still exist, and have been mentioned in one of the Phoenix stories.

? There goes my theory God knows why I wasn’t placed in the Kitsuki family... ?

4 hours ago, Nheko said:

They also mention the Moth and the Bat Minor Clans, which was unexpected...

Uh? I would expect if there was to be a Lepidoptera clan it would be the Butterfly...

On 10/11/2018 at 1:57 PM, Kaito Kikaze said:

Cat Clan confirmed, per the corebook! The Nekoma Family are a group of shinobi for hire who masquerade as various types of performers.

Any info listed about colors? Just curious, but wont be able to get the core for a while.... dang losing my job.

No, only a small verbiage about the clans... sorry about your job! ?

1 hour ago, Suzume Chikahisa said:

Uh? I would expect if there was to be a Lepidoptera clan it would be the Butterfly...

Oriole also used a butterfly motif. Maybe it is being reserved in case FFG want to make the Tsi the butterfly fly clan after all.

Moth comes with more interesting aspects...

Nocturnal, drawn to light. And it has every bit the whole transformation aspect that a butterfly would have.

The only thing a butterfly presents over a moth is being colorful.

It is a bit odd seeing the Bat Clan listed there as that is one that arose fairly late in the CCG, generations after where the story is now. Though I suppose some random Phoenix Clan member could have bred with a bat spirit and somehow gotten minor clan status any time during Rokugan's history.

Makes me wonder if they intend to spawn any other later additions early.

The Monkey Clan would be done a great disservice to be added as something that already exists in the background of the setting. Plus, I kind of feel like they might be Perfect Land Sect/Kolat aligned.

The Ox Clan and Firefly-- those would be a bit weird, it feels like the Unicorn wouldn't have spawned any minor clans since coming back to Rokugan.

The Tsi Family maybe should exists, but do they really need to be specifically be a "clan" given that they are just one family that lives in Otosan Uchi and can't really have provinces to their name.

The Yotsu have the same issue-- plus, they shouldn't exist unless they are given a completely different origin since the event that spawned them clearly never happened. Even if they did exist, it would seem weird for a family working out of the Capital to be "The Tiger Clan".

I suppose the Kaeru could just properly and officially be the "Frog Clan", though I think they want the City of the Rich Frog to still be major contested territory.

I think I will be annoyed if they decide to make an Owl minor clan.

I rather liked the concept of the Owl.

Not so much as a take on the Hantei, though, but as a possible concept for what Ryoshun's clan could be like if he had survived. So if I ever do a alternate Rokugan where Ryoshun lives I may very well repurpose the Owl.

Then again I also tend to ignore the Animal Clan thing and just go with the individual families as loosely allied clans.