Legends of the Alliance Wishlist

By 3greubs4, in Legends of the Alliance

Not that I ever fool myself into believing that Fantasy Flight actually reads these forums to get ideas but I thought it could be an interesting idea to see where everyone’s wishes the app will go in the future. I don’t intend this to be predictions. My thoughts are below though the first few are things others have said.

1. More selective spawning of enemies. I don’t wanna have to worry about seeing Wampas in the desert or forest and I shouldn’t have to deselect an expansion to ensure that.

2. Specifically add an option to make it so certain characters don’t spawn without having to deselect there packs. IE Obi Wan, Inquistor, Greedo

3. Future waves should include an app campaign/content at the time they are released. I would do this for both box and figure pack waves. How quickly would people run out and grab a whole figure pack wave if it allows them to play an app campaign? The waves typically have some kind of theme anyway. For example how great would a campaign set pre-rogue one based around Obi Wan, Greedo and the Inquisitior be?

4. Release campaigns spanning more than one expansion box. This game has a vast library of tiles and figures. The app already taps into that library of figures. They should reward the people who have bought multiple expansions.

5. Release campaigns where the big bad are characters we already have but weren’t the focus of their box. IE Boba Fett, Grand Inquisitor, Bossk

6. More use of allies in campaigns, preferably through some type of side mission mechanic. Accompanying an alliance smuggler on a mission to steal supplies, rescuing enslaved Wookiee’s with Chewy, blowing something up with rebel sabs, etc...

7. Incorporate a skirmish squad builder into the app. If xwing can have it, so can we.

8. Add a reroll option for when random unique figures are spawning.

Edited by 3greubs4

0. Undo button!!!

7a. Support for multiple copies of a product

9. Online collection and save game support (syncing between devices)

Edited by McTavish

1. Displaying your fame after the credits roll would be appreciated.

2. Undo button!

I'd love a way to make the enemy movement look more like the Descent one and be less...specific.

I find it really hard to visualise what they want me to do with all the information it throws at you.

On 6/2/2018 at 1:27 PM, 3greubs4 said:

Not that I ever fool myself into believing that Fantasy Flight actually reads these forums to get ideas but I thought it could be an interesting idea to see where everyone’s wishes the app will go in the future. I don’t intend this to be predictions. My thoughts are below though the first few are things others have said.

1. More selective spawning of enemies. I don’t wanna have to worry about seeing Wampas in the desert or forest and I shouldn’t have to deselect an expansion to ensure that.

Dude have you not encountered Cliff Wampas? Totally a thing from Shadows of the Empire. Plenty of good reasons why random creatures would be away from their home.

IMG_0088.PNG

I would love to see side missions for the ally packs and for your heroes. These could be random just like it is in the original campaigns and you have 2 to choose from. This would give us an option of selecting campaign options of normal (5 missions) or extended (5 missions + 4 random missions). This would also allow us to have expansion based missions in a campaign that doesn't require that expansion.

This is less a wishlist item since it's probably just cosmetic. Will we see a way to equip gear for Heroes? There's a personal inventory section when you select your skills. I wonder if we'll be able to equip gear there?

Wishlist related, I would love to see some random side quests too! They could be reused between the different campaigns and would give us just a bit more to make replaying a better experience. I'd also love to see an Undo button.

Longterm it would be great if they gave us a mission editor so we could generate some of this content on our own. That would open the door to use tiles from all the campaigns. Descent has that now so maybe we'll see it in the future too!

Edited by ookus

For me, the best thing would be the mission editor!

Of course, together with possibility to add side quests to the "long" campaign

Edited by Jarema
On 8/2/2018 at 12:45 AM, Jarema said:

For me, the best thing would be the mission editor!

Of course, together with possibility to add side quests to the "long" campaign

Highly doubt FFG does this, but they are working on it for valkyrie.

I'm not going to raise my expectation very high but as I was looking at the image of the Sarlaac on the JR app campaign announcement page it would be aesthetically cool if the sarlaac was animated, like waving its tentacles and making sounds over the course of the mission. But I'd rather the dev team to work on implementing new campaign missions than spending their time on animations that have no incidence on game play (even if it enhances the visual of the app).

Edited by IanSolo_FFG
5 hours ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

I'm not going to raise my expectation very high but as I was looking at the image of the Sarlaac on the JR app campaign announcement page it would be aesthetically cool if the sarlaac was animated, like waving its tentacles and making sounds over the course of the mission.

It'd be way cooler if the actual cardboard map tile did this. :D

1 hour ago, dwaynedauzat said:

I'd say scary too!

On 7/30/2018 at 8:16 PM, GILLIES291 said:

Dude have you not encountered Cliff Wampas? Totally a thing from Shadows of the Empire. Plenty of good reasons why random creatures would be away from their home.

Indeed, for instance the rancor was also not originally from Tatooine, but from Dathomir (though there was a Felucian Rancor as well).

And a wampa on Tatooine could be an escaped creature from Jabba’s menagerie

And there was wampa in the Cauldron

Edited by cheapmate
Removed picture
On 6/2/2018 at 9:27 PM, 3greubs4 said:

1. More selective spawning of enemies. I don’t wanna have to worry about seeing Wampas in the desert or forest and I shouldn’t have to deselect an expansion to ensure tha  t.

Playing the 4th mission of the first campaign (1.3 version - Jabbas Realm). My heroes enters an imperial hangar chocked that of what they see:

1. Rancor

2. Nexu

3. Tusken Raiders

4. Imperial Officer

Sort of ruined the immersiveness built up to that point ?

Lol! That's the funniest spawning I've ever seen! I imagine the officer is hosting some Tuskens, showing off his animal collection, trying to convince the Sandy's to send him a Bantha for Christmas Empire Day! :D

10 minutes ago, DarthJalapeno said:

Playing the 4th mission of the first campaign (1.3 version - Jabbas Realm). My heroes enters an imperial hangar chocked that of what they see:

1. Rancor

2. Nexu

3. Tusken Raiders

4. Imperial Officer

Welcome to the Imperial Circus!

I don't think the Flight of the Freedom Fighter has had any changes done.

In any case, all mercenaries are more "at home" in the Jabba's Realm campaign. And specifically the Rancor.

One mission even has a very real thematic reason to have all kinds of creatures appearing.

Edited by a1bert
On 8/7/2018 at 10:12 PM, dwaynedauzat said:

Some sort of lenticular animation?

On 8/9/2018 at 12:26 PM, DarthJalapeno said:

1. Rancor

2. Nexu

3. Tusken Raiders

4. Imperial Officer

Still better than a Kevin J. Anderson novel.

On 8/7/2018 at 4:17 PM, IanSolo_FFG said:

I'm not going to raise my expectation very high but as I was looking at the image of the Sarlaac on the JR app campaign announcement page it would be aesthetically cool if the sarlaac was animated, like waving its tentacles and making sounds over the course of the mission. But I'd rather the dev team to work on implementing new campaign missions than spending their time on animations that have no incidence on game play (even if it enhances the visual of the app).

It's not animated, but Combat Zone does make IA terrain for all of the core plus expansions that are pretty nice. I've painted up the half Sarlacc (since that's the way the tiles were) already:

https://combatzone-scenery.co.uk/epages/e25b18fb-c32b-422a-8493-a8baeb0f1a17.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/e25b18fb-c32b-422a-8493-a8baeb0f1a17/Products/IA010

On 8/7/2018 at 1:04 AM, Vazzucious said:

Highly doubt FFG does this, but they are working on it for valkyrie.

Any news on this one? The moment valkyrie works for this... we will star seeing the content coming :-)

According to the recent FFG thread seems that IA on valkyrie is not happening any time soon :-(

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2073390/valkyrie-support

Hoth campaign. *mic drop*

I'd like to see the same stuff! Let's go FFG! I just ended up buying all the big box expansions and 10 additional character packs over the weekend!

On 11/13/2018 at 12:12 PM, Gallanteer said:

Hoth campaign. *mic drop*

I would be more interested in a liberating of Kashyyyk campaign.

For me, and wishlist for the app. A little less randomness of spawns. At the very least enforcing the habitat listed on that units card. For instance, I had wing guards come up in Jabba's palace. This doesn't seem right to me. Maybe FFG could secretly keep certain units from spawning in certain situations. I have no problem with a Wampa showing up on Coruscant if it is thematic, but not as random spawn, that wrecks immersion.

I also would like to see more allies used as part of the story. That was good in Jabba's realm. It makes the campaign more thematic, and that's what we are all looking for, I believe. Well, not the skirmish guys :P

Came to second the Hoth Campaign request, just in time for Christmas! How thematic :D