Mr Tough Guy's Intergalactic Civil War

By Mr Tough Guy, in Painting

Finally started painting and finished my first Rebel mini, quick headswap with a Ramshackle Bug eyed Alien head to get a Rodian

08TVZH5.jpg

feTYTbE.jpg

zNFWaOi.gif

Bit pissed that I missed the moldline on the leg, but otherwise quite happy with it

That looks awesome! Great conversion with head swap. Excellent rebel insignia on the backpack, really adds the extra flair to the model.

.interseting

Thanks guys here's my first test mini for my stormtroopers, went with a very dirty paintscheme to hide any flaws in the painting of the white armour, but I may have gone a bit overboard

p5DpkAM.jpg

WqM0LF8.gif

here's a pic before the dirt:

51RMXvc.jpg

Honestly, I really like the filth on the Stormtrooper. Looks really good.

Yeah, that grimy guy looks great. Nice job.

Fantastic work on the Stormtrooper, can tell his been in the thick of things which is the way they should look when in battle.

Now do all of them!

Awesome Stormtrooper!

Still busy painting my first squads, but in the meantime started converting the second squad, here are some conversions of the squad leaders for both my rebels and imperials

hfaTO3a.jpg

Really wish I'd done this. Oh, well. Next time!

Edited by stainsbury

Progress is Glacial but I did manage to paint a few more as well as a bit of scatter terrain, so time for a group pic

oCzLcU3.jpg

Looks like a scene out of SW Rebels.

Finally finished my first squad of Rebels

lvGHFOP.jpg

Stealth is for the weak

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:54 AM, Ritalbringer said:

Stealth is for the weak

That is why I play Imperial. White stands out in most instances. I think the Empire uses white just to be arrogant. Why hide with a camo theme, i.e. Endor? I just have to break up my white troopers with red security forces (Snow Troopers).

Took me while but finally finished my first unit of stormtroopers

nIB50fW.jpg JL9rcuE.jpg

Looks good, boy those guys have been on extended assignment.

Great job on your miniatures. Like the head swaps and the color choices for your Rebels.

On 7/21/2018 at 2:13 PM, Mr Tough Guy said:

Finally finished my first squad of Rebels

lvGHFOP.jpg

I'm not usually a fan of bright color schemes but somehow this really works!

Your minis look fantastic. I’m late to the party but I think if you are going to go with a grimy stormtrooper then commit to it and make home really grimy. Yours came out fantastic.

Started converting my Han Solo, as I didn't really like the FFG version, decided to try and make something a bit different but hopefully screen accurate

started by cutting down the jacket and removing a large chunk of hair so I can resculpt it, as the parting the hair was on the wrong side for what I want, also removed the collar from the jacket

WaQmS79.jpg vGV6N2O.jpg

Then started with the greenstuff, filled in the missing part of his leg that was originally hidden by the jacket, started on the hair

ZkNxB8L.jpg W5rbyF9.jpg

finished the hair, also filled in his eyes, first mini I've ever seen with holes instead of eyes, just put a bit of greenstuff in so I can actually paint the eyes,

removed the stripe from his pants sculpted some detail on his shirt and used a bit of plastirod to make some code cilinders, will finish them of with greenstuff

s1o3d69.jpg iyIivvV.jpg

so still need to resculpt his holster, clean up the collar of the jacket, but he's starting to look like what I have in mind, might still reposition his left arm a bit, wonder if it will look better if his pose is a bit less extreme

Started painting my second squad of Rebels, going for a slighty less bright scheme, and started with a Rodian again, the skintone was inspired by the Rodian from Solo

kXg1QBR.jpg

On 11/4/2018 at 12:41 PM, Mr Tough Guy said:

Started converting my Han Solo, as I didn't really like the FFG version, decided to try and make something a bit different but hopefully screen accurate

started by cutting down the jacket and removing a large chunk of hair so I can resculpt it, as the parting the hair was on the wrong side for what I want, also removed the collar from the jacket

WaQmS79.jpg vGV6N2O.jpg

Then started with the greenstuff, filled in the missing part of his leg that was originally hidden by the jacket, started on the hair

ZkNxB8L.jpg W5rbyF9.jpg

finished the hair, also filled in his eyes, first mini I've ever seen with holes instead of eyes, just put a bit of greenstuff in so I can actually paint the eyes,

removed the stripe from his pants sculpted some detail on his shirt and used a bit of plastirod to make some code cilinders, will finish them of with greenstuff

s1o3d69.jpg iyIivvV.jpg

so still need to resculpt his holster, clean up the collar of the jacket, but he's starting to look like what I have in mind, might still reposition his left arm a bit, wonder if it will look better if his pose is a bit less extreme

Really looking to see this painted...?

It's been a while, but I've managed to paint a few more things, Legion's been on the back burner for a bit, but hopefully I'll be able to paint a bit more during the holiday season

BGTODwb.jpg

And a Better look at my TFA Han and Chewie

zKP43ll.jpg