List of incidentals or full actions

By theclash24, in Rules Questions

So in SW FFG and games like D&D they have s list of incidental actions and actual full actions.

I see an example of making an attacking says with a readied weapon. I would assume drawing a weapon would be an action other IAJITSU would be sort of lame waste of opportunity used. Iajitsu says you can draw and attack in one action and unlocks opportunity such as draw a other weapon or sheathe a readied weapon.

If anyone could draw a weapon and attack pretty much half of iajitsu ia pointless to even have or have written up.

Drawing can be done free on a successful Initiative roll. Drawing or sheathing is an incidental in skirmishes.

There are separate action lists for duel/clash, skirmish, mass combat, and intrigue scene.

Iaijutsu REQUIRES a sheathed weapon.

On 6/4/2018 at 12:28 PM, AK_Aramis said:

Drawing can be done free on a successful Initiative roll. Drawing or sheathing is an incidental in skirmishes.

There are separate action lists for duel/clash, skirmish, mass combat, and intrigue scene.

Iaijutsu REQUIRES a sheathed weapon.

So it makes iajitsu pointless if you can just draw for free. As iajitsu is just draw and strike...

Have a page number for incidentals

On 6/7/2018 at 4:36 AM, theclash24 said:

So it makes iajitsu pointless if you can just draw for free. As iajitsu is just draw and strike...

Have a page number for incidentals

You can't resheath for free; it requires 2 opportunity.

The advantages to Iaijutsu techniques are the lethal nature of the strikes - they're worth sheathing for. They're Good. Not Gamebreakingly good, but good none the less.

On 6/10/2018 at 9:01 PM, AK_Aramis said:

You can't resheath for free; it requires 2 opportunity.

The advantages to Iaijutsu techniques are the lethal nature of the strikes - they're worth sheathing for. They're Good. Not Gamebreakingly good, but good none the less.

But I'm trying to figure out why it is good. Anyone can draw a sheathed weapon and strike. So why iajitsu needed it anyone can do it normally too?

Because the Iaijutsu attack is better than a normal attack.