Do Techniques CHAIN/COMBO?

By theclash24, in Rules Questions

Looking at the kakita iajitsu it has activation of action. Draw my blade and make a strike. It opens up some opportunity options.

Strike as air activation is NOT an action requirement. It says when I make a check melee with air you have the following: opens up opportunity options.

Do these combo or chain? IE can I iajitsu ACTION (requirement) trigger technique and make the CHECK (requirement) which triggers the strike as air requirement to open all the options?

It sounds like you can to me as the first is action which fulfills the first and than the check fulfills the second.

IIRC, They've said that items requiring an action don't stack with each other, but abilities that add advantage triggers do (at separate cost each).

On 6/4/2018 at 12:16 PM, AK_Aramis said:

IIRC, They've said that items requiring an action don't stack with each other, but abilities that add advantage triggers do (at separate cost each).

So here with iajitsu you could draw as it requires an action and the other one states if you a check you can stack. Or are you saying because both have katana you cant?

Logic, first and foremost, must dictate stacking.

If Technique A requires a weapon, and B requires a different weapon, of course they don't stack.

If Technique A requires A katana and gives an Action you may take (note the capitalization), you cannot trigger other Actions on the same roll.

If Technique A requires an Action using a katana, and B requires a spear and 2 Opportunity to trigger, you cannot use both, even if you can pay the Opportunity points.

Now, if you are making a basic attack, and have two techniques requiring Opportunity spends, and can afford them both, and their other requirements, then yes, they both can trigger, provided basic logic of their effects doesn't preclude it.

On 6/10/2018 at 8:59 PM, AK_Aramis said:

Logic, first and foremost, must dictate stacking.

If Technique A requires a weapon, and B requires a different weapon, of course they don't stack.

If Technique A requires A katana and gives an Action you may take (note the capitalization), you cannot trigger other Actions on the same roll.

If Technique A requires an Action using a katana, and B requires a spear and 2 Opportunity to trigger, you cannot use both, even if you can pay the Opportunity points.

Now, if you are making a basic attack, and have two techniques requiring Opportunity spends, and can afford them both, and their other requirements, then yes, they both can trigger, provided basic logic of their effects doesn't preclude it.

So iajitsu and striking as air stack