TOP scenario

By Mosfet, in Mansions of Madness

Hi, at the beginning I want to apologize for my English.

I wonder which scenario gave you the most excitement from the game. I think it would be worth writing them from the best to the worst. Then people with create new scenario will be know what most of people prefer.

Unfortunately, I did not play all the scenarios, but the ones in which I played were classified as follows:

1 - Escape from Innsmouth

long nothing....

2 - Cycle of Eternity

3 - Dearly Departed

4 - Gates of the Silverwood Manor

5 - Shattered Bonds

6 - What Lies Within

Rising Tide, Vengeful Impulses, Dark Reflection is was for me a whaste of my time and my friends :( I wonder why i so many plastic monster figures in box if FFG creates scenarios like this...?

I am curious to know what your feelings are

I would say the most exciting for my friends and I was Dearly Departed. I think we all desperate to find effective weapons against the monsters - and then one of us found a decent weapon and there was hope! But there was a constant feeling of running out of time as events escalated... it felt like an almost out-of-control race to the finish.

Not to be needlessly contrary, but I really liked Vengeful Impulses. For me it was much more a dinner murder mystery and it's your job to investigate and discover "who did it" before the villain can kill again.

I can see it being too blasé for those seeking a monster mission, though.

3 hours ago, Duciris said:

Not to be needlessly contrary, but I really liked Vengeful Impulses. For me it was much more a dinner murder mystery and it's your job to investigate and discover "who did it" before the villain can kill again.

I can see it being too blasé for those seeking a monster mission, though.

I just finished Vengeful Impulses for the first time last night and really liked it too. It had some interesting dynamics like only being able to search certain things at a certain time. And it was a genuine whodunnit , I hope on my next play through the culprit changes each time. Can anyone confirm this ? It is light on combat admittedly but we’ve got Astral Alchemy for that !

4 minutes ago, Nighthawk101 said:

I just finished Vengeful Impulses for the first time last night and really liked it too. It had some interesting dynamics like only being able to search certain things at a certain time. And it was a genuine whodunnit , I hope on my next play through the culprit changes each time. Can anyone confirm this ? It is light on combat admittedly but we’ve got Astral Alchemy for that !

Yes. There are at least 5 (maybe 6) characters that rotate in as the 4 suspects. You can never get all of their dialogue in a single playthrough - and some of that dialogue may change. And yes, there is only 1 mastermind per playthrough, although who it is can be different from playthrough to playthrough. The second time I played it, the previous culprit wasn't even present.

29 minutes ago, Duciris said:

Yes. There are at least 5 (maybe 6) characters that rotate in as the 4 suspects. You can never get all of their dialogue in a single playthrough - and some of that dialogue may change. And yes, there is only 1 mastermind per playthrough, although who it is can be different from playthrough to playthrough. The second time I played it, the previous culprit wasn't even present.

That’s great, I look forward to playing it again then. It’s a shame I’ve heard the culprit in Gangs of Arkham apparently doesn’t change, I’ve played it twice and it was basically identical to the first play.