January Ladder Event: Here Comes A Bunch Of New Challengers!

By Viewtiful_Joe, in UFS Uk Forum

Prior to the Water Patch event, I had discovered something, that there are so many characters out there with great potential that just aren't run in todays meta. I decided that I wanted to change that, and that I wanted the meta as a whole to change. I want people to come out of their comfort zone and for them to run different characters. But how do you get someone to play what they wouldn't normally play? Suddenly I had the answer; to make everyone else do the same!

After the Water event, I shuffled up and gave out a group of 30 characters, dealing out 2 characters to each player and telling them to pick one of the two they had recieved. The characters involved are characters I feel are not considered to be 'top-tier', but are characters worth playing all the same. The character that was chosen would be the character that will be run in the tournament. If anybody wishes to join this event that hasbn't already, contact me and I will give you your two choices of character, and for those that have picked, if you are trly unhappy with the choice you have been given, then I'm sure we could some something out to make you a little happier. :D

Date: 30th January 2009

Time: 7PM

Place: Colchester Games Hall

Rules: You MUST play the character you have been assigned, other than that, it will be BLOCK 3 (I know that some people may be disappointed at this fact, but unfortunately many more have expressed Block 3 to be in their favour, I apologise to those who feel otherwise, but I can't keep everyone happy sad.gif ) Infinity cards ARE allowed in contrast to what I had said at the Water event. (I feel that it would derive from the desired effect of changing the character you would play normally if they weren't) The only other rule is that stacking characters is NOT legal, as I can just see Promo Talbain sneaking in his top-tier version or similar.

There's not much else to say about this tournament now, other than to have fun playing someone brand new :D

It will be cool to use different characters for these tournaments.. good job Joe

Ok, now I've got a date to make and refine the character I am given, This is a good choice of date since we get time to get used to playing the character. Especially me with the character that's totally out of my style - I'll need it!