Teleportation Magic

By lj55068, in Realms of Terrinoth

I have been looking through the magic rules and didn't see anything for even short range teleportation. Anybody written up rules for such magic yet?

Not so much teleportation, but I made a spell for my Oracle called Cloak of Eternity and one of the things he can spend xp and acquire is the ability to stop time for everyone beside themselves within Long range a number of rounds equal to the successes on the check. He can then take any combo of Actions and Maneuvers he likes with the caveat it can't affect any of the frozen targets directly, but can affect environment. So a few rounds of movement and it would look like he teleported to everyone else. He could also do things like tip arrows in different directions, slide objects in front of people running, etc. Kinda like a Xmen Quicksilver feel.

I haven't custom made one yet, but when I do I think I'll base it on the Teleportation Runebound Shard on page 121. All you really need is a difficulty and you should be set.

I kind of get the sense in the setting though that it's rather low magic compared to a D&D type setting. Things don't seem to have recovered fully from the third darkness and if there were D&D level of magic, and magic travel, things would probably be further along in terms of getting back to the glories of the elder kings.

That Cloak of Eternity spell sounds pretty cool!

Playing RAW I would probably put it as Conjuring. I.E. you conjure yourself or others to a different location.

I would set difficulties based on distance, line of sight, familiarity, number of people, etc

Yeah I would describe it as conjuring a door through space/time to another location, Medium Summon minimum, with the Range of the Spell being the maximum distance.

Basic + Medium + 1-4 Range =

3 Difficulty for Short Range to 6 Difficulty for Extreme (which would require an implement or Signature Spell as its above the maximum difficulty)

If you want it to be even harder then add a requirement for “additional summon” since you technically make two doors, one at your location and another at the destination:

Basic + Additional Summon + Medium + Range =

4 Difficulty to 7 Difficulty depending on the range.

Thanks for the input guys, can't believe I missed the Teleportation rune.

This is for a Harry Potter conversion that I'm in the process of making. In that setting, Newt Scalamander used the Apparate spell to transport across the room (passed a locked gate), or outside the building, and the most powerful wizards (Dumbledoor et al.) were able to teleport basically anywhere. Most don't try REALLY long distances because of despair means you miss your target and end up inside a mountain... or something else.

Apparate

Category: Summoning

Casting: Wizardry/Witchcraft

Difficulty: Easy ( d ) + d per range increment + d per additional person

Range: Short

Requirement: You have to either see the area or know it intimately.

Concentration: No

Effect: You disappear, only to reappear someplace else. If you’re transporting a VERY long ways, like across a country, upgrade the difficulty. If you are going across a continent, upgrade a second die.

I would imagine a despair would result in splinching . AKA: Teleporting somewhere but leaving a part of your body behind.