Faction Differences

By WaterlooJacob, in Battles of Westeros

Hi Everybody,

I don't know too much about the world this game is based on, but I've read on some blogs that the starting factions have different commander abilities and a unique unit each. I was wondering if anyone might be able to give us any hints about these differences at this time.

~Jacob

So far it appears that the Lannister side has heavily armored men-at-arms (the rationale being that they can "afford it") and the Starks look to have some sort of war dog unit (unless that is a leader).

From The Hopeless Gamer

http://thehopelessgamer.blogspot.com/2010/03/battles-of-westeros-lannisters-tale.html#more

"The Lannisters two heroes can both receive up to two command points per turn. They each also have a once per game special ability. Adam can give an adjacent cavalry unit +1 movement and attack dice for a turn while Kevan can transfer damage to an adjacent friendly unit. Both also have a permanent ability; Adam can ignore terrain effects so long as he ends in a legal space and Kevan can sacrifice his attack to give an ally 2 additional attack dice."

Currently it looks like armies will differ in 3 aspects

1) Commanders, with their special abilities and granting acces to certain cards.

2) Faction units, units that are faction specific like the kennel masters

3) Army composition (lannister more ranged, Stark more infantry and baratheon more knights for example)