[MOONS of GALTORUS] science fantasy setting

By Vander Threetooth, in Your Settings

Hello,

I just discovered this forum--after posting in the wrong one! I'm a longtime RPGer (30+ years) who got Genesys as a gift last year, and I have put together a setting that I am very excited about. Although I could go into a long-winded explanation of the way I've cribbed my favorite science fiction and fantasy tropes into the same campaign idea, suffice it to say that my players describe Moons of Galtorus as a "Thundarr the Barbarian" setting. I'm posting this thread in the hope that my work will be added to the master list up top! As with everything home brewed, it is a labor of love and a work in progress.

Here is the link to the Dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/760259kzkhogo6o/AABIz9N0EEblI1Dw6k4qrrIKa?dl=0

In the folder you will find a player guide, four sample characters, a map, a GM screen, and a Despair/Threat chart for Arcane spellcasters. Enjoy!

That flare tho! ?

I love the effort you've put into this, its really inspiring!

Thanks! It's a labor of love. I was actually 5,000 words into designing it as a D&D 5th ed. setting when Genesys dropped, and made the switch once I realized how much easier it would be than hacking D&D. ?

I agree with Zaik looks great ?

This looks awesome, can't wait to read it all.

This is wonderful. What career do you start with?

2 hours ago, jackissocool said:

This is wonderful. What career do you start with?

If I understand you correctly, you're asking whether you begin with a regular career before moving to a prestige career. You don't. I just call them "prestige careers" because they are demonstrably more powerful than entertainer, soldier, tradesperson, etc. The design intent was to re-imagine the roles of D&D classes in a science fantasy universe. So there's a barbarian (bloodbound savage), a druid (attuned), a wizard (magus), and so on. There are 13 prestige careers, which is close to the 12 classes in 5th edition D&D. They aren't 1:1 (for instance, there's no inquisitive equivalent in D&D, and the pact mage is both sorcerer and warlock), but they are pretty close.

Edited by Vander Threetooth

Update: I've included in the Dropbox folder a Threat & Despair table for Espers, and a demo adventure, which I ran last night! It was the first time I'd run the game, and it was a lot of fun and a learning experience. They fought this thing (called a geth hound in my adventure), which I cribbed from Monte Cook's excellent Numenera setting. Great success!

adf9d91929d6667014ddd96cbbfd04fa.jpg.41cf2fc97b85285671d15f11a5e001e5.jpg

I really like this setting, you are doing a fantastic job tbh.

This is awesome work! Thanks for sharing.