RoT PbP here?

By TCArknight, in Realms of Terrinoth

Hi all!

For me, play by post is the easiest way to play due to work, family and other obligations. Over on the SW boards, there are several threads of PbP, but no one has gotten one going here yet.

i would consider running one. Game would be here (an IC and OOC thread), and some files, resources etc would be on an Obsidian Portal site for the game. Dice rolling could be handled on Orokos.com as they have an EotE/AoR/FaD roller.

Test : 1eA+2eP+3eD 2 successes
a--.png p-s-s.png p-a-a.png d--.png d-th.png d-th.png

Test 2 : 1eA+2eP+3eD 2 successes, 3 threat
a-s.png p-s.png p-s.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-f.png

It would have the SW symbols, but spell out the result. If anyone has any suggestions on another roller they would prefer, please let me know. :)

would there be interest? Would be looking for 3-4 folks...

TC

Edited by TCArknight
Added Dice rolling info

How would you handle dice rolling?

Edited by c__beck

Added above. :)

I've used Orokos in the past, but if you know of another roller you would prefer, let me know. :)

11 minutes ago, TCArknight said:

Added above. :)

I've used Orokos in the past, but if you know of another roller you would prefer, let me know. :)

I've actually had some good experience doing PbP over on Discord. And with @SkyJedi 's dice bot it's all there in one place. Also, Orokos is blocked on my work network, so I wouldn't be able to play if that's the way you go.

36 minutes ago, SkyJedi said:

I also have a web roller

https://genesys.skyjedi.com

Dude! I'm trying to get @TCArknight to switch to Discord so I can play! Way to back my play, man :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, c__beck said:

Dude! I'm trying to get @TCArknight to switch to Discord so I can play! Way to back my play, man :rolleyes:

@c__beck is right. My webroller sucks. Discord is where it's at. One stop shop for everything pbp or voice gaming.

Genesys Discord Server
http://discord.gg/3vNJa6t

14 minutes ago, c__beck said:

11 minutes ago, SkyJedi said:

@c__beck is right. My webroller sucks. Discord is where it's at. One stop shop for everything pbp or voice gaming.

Genesys Discord Server
http://discord.gg/3vNJa6t

LoL :)

ive always thought of Discord as a RT thing, not a pop in, make a post, leave kind of thing. How well does it work like that and is it easy to do separate IC/OOC threads?

i always thought that if nothing else, I would set the forum and game threads on Obsidian Portal since I can do that....

2 minutes ago, TCArknight said:

LoL :)

ive always thought of Discord as a RT thing, not a pop in, make a post, leave kind of thing. How well does it work like that and is it easy to do separate IC/OOC threads?

i always thought that if nothing else, I would set the forum and game threads on Obsidian Portal since I can do that....

Usally you make a new server, inbite the dice bot, then you can make oc, ic, off topic, dice roll channels and what ever other channel you want in about 2 minutes. Then just send the server link. It's amazing simple and fast to make your own little rpg server

Anyone in the Genesys server can help.you at any step of the way.

Ill join if it’s here or discord

In the one PbP I'm in on Discord, we have the following channels:

• OOC
  • IC
  • Chargen
  • Characters (each player has one post with their character)
  • Bot (dice rolling, mostly)
  • Separate channel for each PC (rarely used, though, since we haven't been split yet)

I’ll bite. Never done pbp but I’m game.

I set up a discord server a while ago for this purpose but haven’t used it yet, here’s the invite link and I can make anyone mods if you want to test

https://discord.gg/rgEvGAp

The Big benefit of discord is that if we ever wanted to do a live voice chat it’s right there ready to go

Edited by Richardbuxton
On 5/14/2018 at 5:07 PM, c__beck said:

In the one PbP I'm in on Discord, we have the following channels:

• OOC
  • IC
  • Chargen
  • Characters (each player has one post with their character)
  • Bot (dice rolling, mostly)
  • Separate channel for each PC (rarely used, though, since we haven't been split yet)

I like this setup.... may have to give it a try. :)

Speaking of which... if I did that, how would I incorporate the roller from the Genesys discord?

Edited by TCArknight
2 hours ago, TCArknight said:

Speaking of which... if I did that, how would I incorporate the roller from the Genesys discord?

You invite the bot to join the channel

2 hours ago, TCArknight said:

If you join my server you can check things out, I’ll make you a Mod since I’m not using it and you can stuff around

24 minutes ago, Richardbuxton said:

If you join my server you can check things out, I’ll make you a Mod since I’m not using it and you can stuff around

I think I’m already there as TCArknight....

16 minutes ago, TCArknight said:

I think I’m already there as TCArknight....

Did you click the link earlier in this thread? The channel is called Triumphant Stories, you’re not a member yet

Ah, I swear I had clicked it... I'm in the server now. :)

I'd like to get in on this too. I added myself to discord. I found it a liitle cryptic. I'll need some pointers or a walk through the basics, but I'm in if you can use another player.

Just click the link above and it should send you to the server we will use, joining you to it in the process. Post all your questions etc in the off topic thread

Ok, I think I am getting the hang of it. It's nice! So...when do we start making characters or do we go to session zero and discuss that?

8 minutes ago, Umbraldragon said:

Ok, I think I am getting the hang of it. It's nice! So...when do we start making characters or do we go to session zero and discuss that?

That would be a question to ask in the Discord server :p

Oooohh, I think I'm gonna get in on this :)

The more campaigns the merrier! But the invitation expired. Can you post another set to not expire?

Edited by jackissocool