Reborn in blood and warpstone removal

By KingRotten, in Chaos in the Old World

Can someone confirm for me if tipped models are removed before the second battle from "Reborn in Blood" takes place? The text on the card does say "During" battle phase, not at the end of battle phase. I figure that they are probably not removed before they are Reborn , but I am unsure.

I would also like to know if warpstones are removed from a region upon its ruination. I am aware the rulebook on p.25 states "Old World tokens are not necessarily removed at the time of ruination".

The implication in that phrase is that some might be, isn't it?

p.21 the final paragraph under SCORE RUINED REGIONS does mention that after the ruination card is turned face down to mark the region as permanently ruined all corruption tokens are cleared from the region. If a warpstone counts as a corruption token in that region, would it get removed along with all the corruption tokens the players own?

I want to be sure I am playing by the actual rules, and would greatly appreciate an answer to these questions.

I've always removed the figures killed in the first battle before the second one. It just makes sense.

Warpstone is NOT removed on ruination. This means Tzeenchian cultist that are upgraded can run off with it.

KingRotten said:

Can someone confirm for me if tipped models are removed before the second battle from "Reborn in Blood" takes place? The text on the card does say "During" battle phase, not at the end of battle phase. I figure that they are probably not removed before they are Reborn , but I am unsure.

You are right, they are NOT removed. Check the FAQ on page 2:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/chaos_in_the_old_world/FAQ/CitOW_FAQ.pdf

TK

Thankyou for the quick response. I've had the FAQ file for a while now-it wasn't until your message that I realized that my question does get answered in the FAQ even though the specific question is not asked.

Thankyou again.

Anyone else care to comment on warpstones being removed?

I now think, after some thought, that removing the warpstones with the other corruption tokens could be crippling to Tzeentch. There are few warpstone laying cards in the old world deck. One warpstone is only half the way to what's needed for a dial advancement counter. Forget that I asked.

In my personal opinion old world token (including warpstones) are not removed from a ruined region. Some of them can be relocated by players and some of them will be relocated by old world cards.