Gen Con 2018 Tourney... what's included?

By snotwalker, in L5R LCG: Organized Play

This will be my first FFG tourney, and am curious as to what the $50 tourney fee covers? Do all participants get some good L5R bling? Promos? Fantasy Flight stock? ;)

I'm pretty sure the steep event price is to discourage non-committed players from taking up slots, but am still hoping for some awesome goodies... and, of course, dominating the tourney for my Clan's honor.

This year's event is a little different, as it is specifically a Grand Kotei, and therefore part of that series as opposed to a special event been held at GenCon. Unless we hear otherwise, I would expect to get the same prize support/participation stuff as other Grand Kotei such as PAX Unplugged, the UK Games Expo etc. This means the very least you walk away with is a play mat and seven full bleed Seals, plus there's more for doing well.

The steep cost is because they run them at conventions and convention space costs money. Also to pay the people running the tournament, etc over 2 days. I doubt space will be limited, or at least if it becomes full, it will take a while.

Prize support is listed here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/l5r-lcg/kotei/