WalrusofDoom's Repaints

By WalrusofDoom, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Suggestion.

Paint the rectangular section at the back dark red, and paint the cockpit windows dark red as well.

Then use it whenever you field Darth Vader.

That reminds me of a repaint someone did. They blacked out the ship, essentially except for the those long panels on the back/top of the ship which they painted to look like Vader's shoulder armor. They also painted some colored "switches" in the center section, if I remember correctly. It may be in the TIE Advanced Showcase thread.

Found it!

33561557495_364f538947.jpg

Credit goes to @Piscopas

I miss that guy.

Finished the Advanced.

20180511_062532-2.jpg

Also did a Defender. Not sure if I like this one as much.

20180511_062557-2.jpg

4 hours ago, WalrusofDoom said:

Also did a Defender. Not sure if I like this one as much.

This one looks a lot like how I painted Vessery.

I think if you blacked out the solar panels, it would look a little deadlier. Maybe just a black wash.

Updated OP with album until I figure out how to get better quality pictures on here.

Updated album with firespray work in progress.

Looking for ideas on the cockpit glass or if I should just leave it black. I've never really done one before.

The firespray looks great. I like the black cockpit, personally.

That advance looks amazing!

Added TIE Punisher WIP to OP

Looks pretty good. The dark green looks good on that chassis.

YT-1300 basically done. Should I do something different with the cockpit glass or leave it as is? JcjB8Jm.jpg uLQFyi4.jpg mfT68iR.jpg

A few more rebel ships to go with the falcon. I'm feeling like these might need something more to make them stand out. Not sure though.

MP6ttBj.jpg Zdg6WjZ.jpg 9xRORSb.jpg dUMZ4Sy.jpg

These are great, I'm enjoying the look, but I agree it needs a little something to make it pop just a hair more.

If anything, I'd add a little color on the wing-tips, engine cowlings or in the form of a thin stripe on the wings or body. On the YT-1300 it could go on the docking rings.

A color like yellow that would provide some nice contrast might just be the answer.

Finally got around to finishing these more or less. The U-wing:

w8lL2oV.jpg 14Vjr91.jpg NaiEd5s.jpg

Y-wing

yFQGOsi.jpg Tj2hFs7.jpg n90HrWc.jpg

X-wings.

1XljcLX.jpg YpDMMhA.jpg

Matching maneuver dials.

Uimxwbk.jpg

Previous picture is kinda out of focus. These are hard to photograph.

FYhshfK.jpg

Edited by WalrusofDoom

Some Imperial ships WIP. Still need a bunch of clean up work. Not entirely happy with how they've turned out so far.

3ttfBC6.jpg ybwOa7W.jpg ve2yovA.jpg yNtBLzM.jpg zg2UM8K.jpg sdlxn3O.jpg

These are the two paint schemes I'm looking at for my Imperials. Thoughts?

3z9wAVp.jpg

They look good, but similar to your rebels.