Which Xenos race are you itching to crush?

By peterstepon, in Deathwatch

Out of the major canon races, which ones are you getting ready to rain bloody death upon? I reckon that the Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau, Orks, Necrons and Tyrannids will be on the chopping block, as well as numerous smaller races which bedevil the Imperium which are less wide spread.

Here are some which I think would be fun to smash

1/ Eldar- Arrogant bastards. I get annoyed when I read about a battle where a small group of Eldar run circles around an Imperial army then dance through a webgate after their victory during which they did not suffer a single casualty. Eldar are the smart alec race which revel in their superiority over other races. A squad of Deathwatch in the right place could probably go a long way towards pushing them further to extinction

2- Tau- Bastart upstarts. How dare they think that their puny empire can stand up to the might of the Imperium of man. Their entire empire is about the size of a singe sector in Imperial space. They are expanding too fast and making a mockery of the Imperial army after debacles such as the loss of Taros (a book obviously writen by Tauphiles). It would be great to have a squad of Deathwatch marines running amok on one of their precious planets for months on end, ruining their ridiculous notion of a harmonious way.

Any other thoughts?...

Orks - For landing on Rynn's World. 'Nuff said.

Eldar/Dark Eldar - For being smug, pointy-eared fops. They all need to taste bolter.

Tau, cause I think they dont mesh well with 40K setting and I think they are lame.

Hrud, as I would love more info on these guys and hopefully a move away from that stupid version in the Xenology book.

What a silly question:

All of them of course!

Eldar. They are pansies.

Peacekeeper_b said:

Tau, cause I think they dont mesh well with 40K setting and I think they are lame.

I never have understood why some people think this. To me they fit very nicely. Their high-tech/pseudo-beneficient style provides a great contrast to the gothic/oppressive style of the Imperium. The Orks stand out as the only humorous race, and yet I wouldn't say they don't mesh.

Hrud, because I really liked the stuff about them in Xenology and would love to know more about them. As much as I liked the "space Skaven" idea of Hrud... eh, bringing over Fantasy races into 40k is boring now.

MILLANDSON said:

Hrud, because I really liked the stuff about them in Xenology and would love to know more about them. As much as I liked the "space Skaven" idea of Hrud... eh, bringing over Fantasy races into 40k is boring now.

As much as I love the Space Skaven concept, I just want them to not use that idiotic art and description from Xenology. It reminds me too much of a cross between gleep and gloop from Hurculoids and the monkey from Space Ghost.

Revise the Hrud completely, or leave my space skaven alone LOL.

I. Necrons

II. Orks

III. Tyranids

Those are the three I’m most excited to pit my kill-team against.

My players will fight Necrons. They are suitibly dangreous opponents, my koronous Expanse have had a Necron War and they will fight in that.

I'd like to see a totally new, non humanoid xeno race specific to the Jericho Reach. A complex, involved and ancient civilisation with a history stretching back to the days of the Old Ones, layers of nuance, culture, religious belief, and an ambiguous relationship with the warp.

It would also be good if they screamed in an amusing high pitched wailing voice when you hit them with a flamer.... demonio.gif

On a personal note, due to events in Dan Abnett's Ravenor series, I'm especially keen to put some Dark Eldar to the sword. But xenos is xenos, and cannot be tolerated, so I won't be particular about where I place my bolt shells when it comes to slaying them! (Though, given any Necron and Eldar models we use are likely to be from my armies, I might be a little more conflicted, OOC...)

@ Peacekeeper

I started out hating the tau as well, way too anime for wh40k, but lately I have come to realize that they make an awesome counter point to the empire of man, a society that on the outside is built on reason and "humanism", much closer to the "imperial truth" that we see on the Horus Heresy books and underneath are based on pheromone slavery and biological mind control. Very good for the "look what a shiny alternative" stories where you can tempt the players with their 21th century ideals to maybe sympathize with the tau. For that reason I also want to spew hot bolter shells at them, same goes for the eldar die pointy eared putz's.

I'd like to send my PCs against Necrons and Dark Eldar. Not certain if I'll play the Dark Eldar straight, or play them TT-style.

"And fifteen Dark Eldar Warriors stop to brace the Dark Lances they're all aiming at you. No Splinter Rifles appear to be in evidence. Roll for initiative."

MUAHAHA!

Slaught.

It´s time to show this smart-asses, that messing with the servants of the Imperium could end up with thunderhammer in face!

TorogTarkdacil said:

Slaught.

It´s time to show this smart-asses, that messing with the servants of the Imperium could end up with thunderhammer in face!

**** straight! gran_risa.gif

But otherwise, kill 'em all, let the God-Emperor sort 'em out. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Genestealer, the Slaught, the Stryxis...

Could imagine a probable scenario/campaign involving the establishment of a Genestealer cult with the DW unit dispatched to expose and snuff the buggers out.

The Slaught would make a worthy foe due to their sneaky/devious methodology.

Stryxis due to the potential of seeming to be the equivalent of the Ferenghi in the Segmentum Obscurus.

Dark Eldar and Tyranids. The first for being as bad as Chaos, the second for being exceptionally ugly bugs. gran_risa.gif

Many of you have inspired that when and if I'll ever have the opportunity to GM this game to TPK the players against Tau forces :D .

Tyranids are a big favourite of mine to fight, but Chaos and Eldar (both versions) shall meet their end at the holy bolts.

Lightbringer said:

I'd like to see a totally new, non humanoid xeno race specific to the Jericho Reach. A complex, involved and ancient civilisation with a history stretching back to the days of the Old Ones, layers of nuance, culture, religious belief, and an ambiguous relationship with the warp.
It would also be good if they screamed in an amusing high pitched wailing voice when you hit them with a flamer....

Lyinar said:

I'd like to send my PCs against Necrons and Dark Eldar. Not certain if I'll play the Dark Eldar straight, or play them TT-style.

None. I was thinking that maybe I'd try and play against type a bit, holster the bolt pistol and power axe, and try and settle my disagreements with the aliens using calm, considered diplomatic measures. Perhaps with a cup of tea and slice of cake.

And my magic 8 Ball says....

.....All signs point to Slaugth and Y'uvath!

Making Orc's go red is going to be the best!!

gran_risa.gif

Leogun_91 said:

Lightbringer said:

What's TT-style?

Tabletop-style. Pretty much how Dark Eldar armies end up being configured for tournaments in Warhammer 40k, instead of how the background paints them.

So, massive amounts of Dark Lance spam, a transport for every squad, and not a single Grotesque, Mandrake, or Hellion in sight.

Actually, I'm more leaning toward playing them straight. Some of the things that fail horribly on the tabletop would make some pretty horrifying foes in an RPG.

Lyinar said:

Leogun_91 said:

Lightbringer said:

What's TT-style?

I didn't say that! Curse this quoting system. [ Shakes fist impotently at uncaring world]