Squads movement at semifinals

By Wawa666, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

Eh, I might do quite the opposite... but I guess that is because I am a TO and thus I have the Authority          . ?

How very contrarian.. I like it

On 5/16/2018 at 7:54 PM, Ardaedhel said:

Nice try. That's just what a computer would say.

http://www.reddit.com/r/totallynotrobots

Edited by ManInTheBox

so I MUST ADMIT that I've overlooked the Tournament Regulations part which allows that.
I its not good in my opinion but perfectly valid
case closed

*BTW I think that squadrons are way overpowered in Armada- IMO it can be fixed by reducing point limit to 25%

5 hours ago, Wawa666 said:

*BTW I think that squadrons are way overpowered in Armada- IMO it can be fixed by reducing point limit to 25%

Not sure if this will ever happen, but I like that it would make squadron-less builds more viable.

On 5/16/2018 at 9:57 AM, durandal343 said:

Ok.. If that's cool then you should also be able to say "I can't really tell where my ship is going to end up but I don't want it to ram and I want it to be in range of such and such, so I'm just going to adjust the yaw here or measure out range to my maneuver tool because my spacial awareness is a handicap."

Is that not the same thing?

No it's not and I think you are being inappropriately rude about it.

some players don't have a reasoning or intelligence problem. They simply have a physical limitation, and your attitude is f the Parkinson's guy his piece is where it ends up, except people with poor eye sight, lazy eye, or 1 eye isn't as physically obvious to you.

On 5/15/2018 at 1:09 PM, durandal343 said:

I’m not a huge fan of the washer system. I’ve found it to be presise to the point of aggravation. There is doubt in all movement in Armada. We just don’t accept it with squads. If we accepted the doubt and innacuracy of it things would improve. Or if FFG clarified...

I dislike sliding a token around to get presice measurements of range.

It’s also against the rules.

You're trying to win on technicalities rather than playing. Hard pass from getting a game with me. The poster you responded to has the right idea. Anywhere a piece can legally be placed is fine and I want the other player to place in the best position that is legal for their piece.

**!* I hold out a pointer so my opponent can see exactly what arc they want to be in or avoid. This isn't a dog fighting game like x wing where we chose our positioning in secret. Yet all your posts sound like you are hoping your opponent loses shots bc their piece didn't go were they clearly wanted to go.

Edited by Rebelarch86
33 minutes ago, Rebelarch86 said:

No it's not and I think you are being inappropriately rude about it.

some players don't have a reasoning or intelligence problem. They simply have a physical limitation, and your attitude is f the Parkinson's guy his piece is where it ends up, except people with poor eye sight, lazy eye, or 1 eye isn't as physically obvious to you.

Passive Aggressive Necromancy? I think @durandal343 was just comparing his example to the poster he replied to, stating that an opponent should not be able to simply declare their intentions for each squad's movement without going through the measurements (using only the range ruler). That is part of the game, and one of the reasons that you move squads one at a time. For instance, activating six squadrons with a upgraded Quasar requires practice and skill to keep the ability ranges intact, as opposed to what he was responding to, someone being able to say "this is how I want it to end up" and then just moving them as a blob to keep optimization.

38 minutes ago, Rebelarch86 said:

**!* I hold out a pointer so my opponent can see exactly what arc they want to be in or avoid. This isn't a dog fighting game like x wing where we chose our positioning in secret. Yet all your posts sound like you are hoping your opponent loses shots bc their piece didn't go were they clearly wanted to go.

In your game, especially a casual one, this is perfectly fine, but this is honestly just part of Armada and part of the reason why you cannot have more than one tool out at a time. This isn't trying to cheat or be a bad sport; it's the rules. If you disagree, play on TTS sometime; players will quickly remind you that you can only have one tool out if you try to have a squadron attack range and another squadron's movement range out at the same time. Because it's the rules.

When obnoxious people say you'll never get a game with them or they'll never patronize your business or whatnot they think they're really laying down the law, but every other human in the room is like

giphy.gif

Seriously,
#1 This is thread necromancy of the highest order.
#2 I can't think of anyone I've ever met who wouldn't make accommodations for another player with a disability, and some of those people are otherwise outright A-holes.
#3 The core question/contention of this thread has already been answered/resolved by Ian, who did a great job and brought the whole thing to a close. It's done now. Leave it alone.

3 hours ago, Snipafist said:

When obnoxious people say you'll never get a game with them or they'll never patronize your business or whatnot they think they're really laying down the law, but every other human in the room is like

giphy.gif

Seriously,
#1 This is thread necromancy of the highest order.
#2 I can't think of anyone I've ever met who wouldn't make accommodations for another player with a disability, and some of those people are otherwise outright A-holes.
#3 The core question/contention of this thread has already been answered/resolved by Ian, who did a great job and brought the whole thing to a close. It's done now. Leave it alone.

Keep hoping someone messes up so win. It makes you look cool.

15 hours ago, Admiral Calkins said:

Passive Aggressive Necromancy? I think @durandal343 was just comparing his example to the poster he replied to, stating that an opponent should not be able to simply declare their intentions for each squad's movement without going through the measurements (using only the range ruler). That is part of the game, and one of the reasons that you move squads one at a time. For instance, activating six squadrons with a upgraded Quasar requires practice and skill to keep the ability ranges intact, as opposed to what he was responding to, someone being able to say "this is how I want it to end up" and then just moving them as a blob to keep optimization.

In your game, especially a casual one, this is perfectly fine, but this is honestly just part of Armada and part of the reason why you cannot have more than one tool out at a time. This isn't trying to cheat or be a bad sport; it's the rules. If you disagree, play on TTS sometime; players will quickly remind you that you can only have one tool out if you try to have a squadron attack range and another squadron's movement range out at the same time. Because it's the rules.

Passive aggressive? No it's pretty clear I don't like op's personality. Them passive aggressive? Yeah hiding behind rules no one else is using that way bc they obviously don't like squadrons can be seen as passive aggressive.

On 7/29/2018 at 8:34 PM, Rebelarch86 said:

H  ard   pass from getting a game w  ith  m  e  .

You sure?

On 7/30/2018 at 12:29 PM, Rebelarch86 said:

Passive aggressive? No it's pretty clear I don't like op's personality. Them passive aggressive? Yeah hiding behind rules no  o  ne else is using that way bc they obviously don't like squadrons can be seen as passive aggressive.   

Hey now! I love squads! I can’t win without them apparently. But the rules didn’t abide the way we’re playing them. That was all. And that’s about all I feel like saying since this whole thing ended months ago.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, Rebelarch86 said:

Passive aggressive? No it's pretty clear I don't like op's personality. Them passive aggressive? Yeah hiding behind rules no one else is using that way bc they obviously don't like squadrons can be seen as passive aggressive.

Well, then, hard pass on getting a game with ME, since you don't overmuch like following the rules of the game. Honestly, you're being pretty personally rude about a settled rules topic.

On 7/30/2018 at 11:24 AM, Rebelarch86 said:

Keep hoping someone messes up so win. It makes you look cool.

Yeah, geez, @Snipafist ... Stop going for those cheap wins you love so much. Just because everyone else at Gencon messed up doesn't make you "cool" or anything. ?

On 7/30/2018 at 11:29 AM, Rebelarch86 said:

hiding behind rules no one else is using that way

If they're the rules, he's not hiding. You and everyone else have an obligation to know and adhere to the rules to play this game (house rules excluded.) Don't like it? That's okay. Luckily, Ian Cross's stance trumps @durandal343 's here (and he's been a heck of a lot more mature about not getting his way than you are about getting what you want.)

45 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Yeah, geez, @Snipafist ... Stop going for those cheap wins you love so much. Just because everyone else at Gencon messed up doesn't make you "cool" or anything. ?

Ha, I was at top table round 3 then table two round 4 and Dong slapped the bejesus out of me, in no small part due to mistakes I made. That's the game. Whoever makes the least mistakes usually wins.

There's absolutely no way I'd claim some nonsense like "I'd totally win normally" because Dong is a good guy and he plays a tight game, but 5 hours of crappy sleep meant I was hitting the wall by round 4 and thus more prone to screwing up. That's how it be. I still had a good time and 8th out of 34 is still quite respectable.

On 5/16/2018 at 12:09 AM, The Jabbawookie said:

As for only having one range ruler... I only have three red dice, being that I only have the core set and the Chimaera.

I did not know that. You seemed like someone who had three copies of each expansion and around 15 dice packs xD

58 minutes ago, DunaMoose said:

I did not know that. You seemed like someone who had three copies of each expansion and around 15 dice packs xD

Thanks. It was sarcasm though. 😉

Edited by The Jabbawookie