RPG Sessions App

By Joress, in Genesys

Hey everyone! I wanted to call out a project a friend and I have been working on, and share it with the community for anyone interested. It's a character sheet, dice roller, and game table app. Check it out and feel free to provide any feedback! Thanks!

Now with a Discord Bot! Some cool integrations with the dice roller and character sheets if you play games on Discord.

RPG Sessions

Latest Build:
Version 1.0.9.0
12/16/2020

Discord Server Link

Edited by Joress
Update Version number

I like what I see. :)

I may have to play around a bit, but offhand, I see the character is missing a talent sheet?

4 minutes ago, TCArknight said:

I like what I see. :)

I may have to play around a bit, but offhand, I see the character is missing a talent sheet?

Thanks!

We just incorporated Talent sheets (desktop view) with out last update. Mobile view will be coming soon, with some pretty sick UI! Currently, it's located under the Notes section at the very bottom.

3 minutes ago, Joress said:

Thanks!

We just incorporated Talent sheets (desktop view) with out last update. Mobile view will be coming soon, with some pretty sick UI! Currently, it's located under the Notes section at the very bottom.

That’s what it is. I’m looking at it on my iPad. :)

This is really useful!! Once you have the talent sheet for the mobile version I will surely download it and tell my players.

Thanks!

Super fantastic! First I would like to thank you for working on this. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Now for some constructive suggestions. I spent last night putting my rather powerful character on there. The freeform aspect to it is great!

1. (Bug): If you add a talent with the same name, it disappears. There are talents you can take multiple times at higher ranks, and currently I have to change the name to get it to stick. (Example: Grit, then Grit II, Grit III, Grit IV) Maybe keep your anti-redundancy for the same tier, but allow later tears to have repeats.

2. (Suggestion)Terrinoth Inclusion: Heroic Abilities. Currently I just added it to notes. Would be nice if there was an optional section for that. Maybe flick a check box, and it opens up a form for Heroic Abilities.

3. (Suggestion)Magic Actions: If you have ranks in magic skills, maybe have it pop out a segment after talents for these. It could still just be a form with a few sections on it. Action Type (attack, conjure, barrier, etc), Description, and then line items similar to how talents pop up asking you for details where you put the difficulty, quality name, and description. Then it groups those by difficulty next to or below the magic action description.

-See attachment for an example of what i'm talking about, but just don't include a segment for a picture.

Aldus Spellbook Page 1.pdf

Thanks for the feedback Tedrion! We will definitly look into the bug, and work on updates for the new Terrinoth additions.

The magic popout is a great idea too. We'll have to put that in our backlog and see how to implement it.

Edited by Joress

Updated to 0.5.1

Supports Mobile Talent Sheets now, as well as other additions and bug fixes.

Edited by Joress

Looks great!

Minor suggestion: for Genesys/SWRPG dice results, maybe display the cancelled symbols with the symbols themselves, rather than text describing "Advantags, Successes, Threats, Failures" etc.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:40 PM, sfRattan said:

Looks great!

Minor suggestion: for Genesys/SWRPG dice results, maybe display the cancelled symbols with the symbols themselves, rather than text describing "Advantags, Successes, Threats, Failures" etc.

That's an interesting thought. I'm assuming you mean in the results? We do have the symbols being shown on the dice themselves after the roll, but maybe displaying them down in the results could be useful too. Thanks!

Newest Update, 0.6.0!

We've now added Star Wars character sheets, as well as skill dice pool click-to-roll functionality, and other performance improvements.

Version 0.7.0 is alive!

- Api updates
- Dice History pagination fixes
- Improve render performance
- Add new character list actions
- Add force rating and force powers for SWRPG

Password reset link in email won't load and ultimately gives a 504 gateway timeout.

20 hours ago, ghatt said:

Password reset link in email won't load and ultimately gives a 504 gateway timeout.

Thanks ghatt! We are looking into it!

21 hours ago, ghatt said:

Ok, that should be fixed now. Thanks again for pointing that out!

4 hours ago, Joress said:

Ok, that should be fixed now. Thanks again for pointing that out!

No problemo. You’re welcome.

Updated 0.8.0 is now live!

Our biggest feature upgrade is our own Discord Bot! Whether you are doing a Play by Post, or just using Discord for your online gaming, you can now link your PC Character Sheet and dice rolls to a game on Discord! Track health, roll dice, use story points... all now integrated with your character sheet!

• New basic game management features
  • Link games with Discord servers
  • Link user profile with Discord profile
  • New RPGSessions Discord bot
  • Discord bot dice integrations
  • Discord bot character integrations
  • Discord bot initiative tracker
  • Discord bot destiny/story point tracker

May end up being a double post but.... as of 10:10 or so am, central time. The site was down. Just wondering what is going on.

You might try the discord for a more expedient - I'm not seeing any reports of an outage but granted I didn't search terribly hard.

https://discord.gg/drXA7B

Updated 0.9.0 is live!

Added Destiny Point integration, and a bunch of other updates to the app!

• Discord bot rewrite (additional system expansion capability)
  • Add fuzzy search capability to reduce friction from misspellings
  • Added .{command} syntax for triggering bot
  • Standardized user input processing in several places
  • Added destiny point rolling
  • Standardized help menus in a way we believe looks and feels better
  • Separate Discord bot API from main site API
  • Security Updates and Fixes
  • Database query speed improvements
  • Significant unit tests added for improved stability between releases
  • Many others!

Update 0.10.0 is live! VEHICLES !

• Updated site navigation
  • New Vehicles site area
  • Create/Edit/Share your own vehicle creations

Update 0.11.2! Tons of features!

• Updated character sheets
  • Genesys Talent Trees can now be expanded to an infinite length
  • Support for Super Characteristics
  • Support for Heroic Abilities
  • Character critical injury rolling support
  • Larger Dice Icons
  • Party and individual vehicles
  • Vehicle support in Discord games
  • XP Management in Discord games
  • Characters and Vehicles can now be cloned
  • Dark Theme
  • Bug fixes galore
  • And many more!

I have loaded a character and it is great! I will play a bit more via Discord tonight to see how it goes.

@Joress Some initial feedback. It would be good to have a "back to character sheet" button on the dice roller. Specifically for when you click on the dice pool from a skill on the character sheet, roll, and then want to go back to the sheet. The only way I can see to do that easily right now is by clicking on the browser back button? Clicking on "Characters" brings you to the menu of all your characters.

Hi. I have been following this project since you released it and it is great. Do you plan to have internationalisation in a future release. And are you looking for contributors ?

On 1/23/2020 at 8:28 PM, Andreievitch said:

I have loaded a character and it is great! I will play a bit more via Discord tonight to see how it goes.

@Joress Some initial feedback. It would be good to have a "back to character sheet" button on the dice roller. Specifically for when you click on the dice pool from a skill on the character sheet, roll, and then want to go back to the sheet. The only way I can see to do that easily right now is by clicking on the browser back button? Clicking on "Characters" brings you to the menu of all your characters.

Thanks Andreievitch! And good point about the back button. I'll bring it up with the team. Thanks for the feedback.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:22 PM, Spaceball said:

Hi. I have been following this project since you released it and it is great. Do you plan to have internationalisation in a future release. And are you looking for contributors ?

Thanks Spaceball! What type of internationalisation are you asking about? Do you mean just in different languages, or something like that?