A house card question

By Kambur, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (1st Edition)

Hi there,

This is my first message here. I got AGOT a week ago and just played twice now. But in the last game when two house card special abilities "clashed" we could not find the answer to our problem. So I searched this forum for these house cards but could not find no topics on this question, so opening a new one. Hope i am doing it right. I would aprreciate an answer to this following question:

What happens when Ser Loras Tyrell and Ellaria Sand cards are used in combat? Both special abilities are immediate ones so if the Martell player has a footman and wants to upgrade it to a knight by his Ellaria Sand card but the attacker Tyrell player uses his Ser Loras Tyrell card and wants to kill that footman? Will the footman die or saved by becoming a knight. Thanks a lot...

If two House card abilities resolve at the same time, they are resolved in fiefdoms order.

The player higher on the fiefdoms track resolves his effect first.

So, if Tyrell is higher on the track, the footman dies. If Martell is higher, the footman lives (by upgrading to a knight before getting killed).

The feifdom track always resolves ties

, if Tyrell is higher on the track, the footman dies. If Martell is higher, the footman lives (by upgrading to a knight before getting killed).