Uthick: ravos spine horde

By Xquer, in Runewars List Building

Was thinking about how I was having difficulty dealing with Ravos and Spined Threshers (as elves) and thought of the worse list I would have to face:

199/200

Ravos the Everhungry [40] 1x1
Insatiable Hunger [3]
Total Unit Cost: 43

Spined Threshers [72] 3x2
Total Unit Cost: 72

Spined Threshers [28] 2x1
Total Unit Cost: 28

That gives 3 units at threat 3, 1 large unit at threat 4, and ravos at 2. Only a single die reroll for 3 of them but still I feel like this list would be rough to face.

Executioner would be good against this but not sure what else.

Any thoughts or flaws I am not seeing?

for the waiqar sure executonner would be awesome, but i think properly positioned scions could hold them in place for your archers to deal that needed damage. Use your mobility to attack from the flanks, if those threshers want to turn to face you they wont attack. Also i think uthuk player would want a wide deployment and fighting in tight spots wouldnt allow him to use all of those units to full potential plus he's melee only so shooting and shifting back would work. Storm sorcerers would be also a good choice cause red runes comes in pair so form her you always deal 1-2 wounds per surge if the runes show up. Keep in mind im just theory crafting because i faced elves once and havent played vs uthuk at all.

My first thought is, "That's a lot of money spent buying all those Spined Threshers!"

More to the point on fighting the list, the real difficulty would be in coordinating all those units and getting them to function well together. When I last played Uthuk, I really felt the pain of lacking ranged units, even with all of that mobility. Some of it depends upon what the deployment and objective is. Anyone who can create a funnel is going to make it rough to get all those units in on a key point. You have a lot of damage that will hit like a truck when it hits, it just won't be easy to bring to bear.

Ha yeah proxying is the plan, getting four dials isn't too hard since it's just two cores plus one expansion.

Funneling Def seems the key here, but that is where Ravos is helpful to tied them up while the Thresher's follow behind.

Scions unfortunately can only stop so much (I have learned this the hard way). With the 1 March on the mod you can always be moving, and they have so much health to chew on to withstand until they are up close.

I really want to try storms with the Darnati. On archers I always felt too close for it to be effective. I have to find a fun mix of archers and Darnati equipped with fire runes and storms respectively.