Finally Started Painting

By NightAngel47, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

Did a little bit of painting with some of my Imperial Assault figures, but nothing harder than a stormtrooper. Finally decided to give armada a shot. Let me know what you think. I used a lot of you guys for inspiration, so thank you all for posting here!

http://imgur.com/gallery/mkm5K3a

Edited by NightAngel47
Wrong link. Fixed it

good work on all of it, perhaps a bit of lining on GR75?

5 hours ago, gounour said:

good work on all of it, perhaps a bit of lining on GR75?

What do you mean?

1 hour ago, NightAngel47 said:

What do you mean?

He's talking about either two techniques: black lining or panel washing. More or less you use a stupid fine tipped brush and trace the recesses with black paint OR you take a dark wash and wash the vehicle and let it seep into the recessed panels.

Now I really dig your painting homie, it's a really really solid start.

1 hour ago, Gottmituns205 said:

He's talking about either two techniques: black lining or panel washing. More or less you use a stupid fine tipped brush and trace the recesses with black paint OR you take a dark wash and wash the vehicle and let it seep into the recessed panels.

Now I really dig your painting homie, it's a really really solid start.

Thank you! And I did apply a wash of nuln oil, but I watered the crap out of it because I didn't want to lose the white color. Maybe I could take a fine point brush and go over the cracks with a bit of wash? I'll post here if I do

10 hours ago, NightAngel47 said:

Thank you! And I did apply a wash of nuln oil, but I watered the crap out of it because I didn't want to lose the white color. Maybe I could take a fine point brush and go over the cracks with a bit of wash? I'll post here if I do

When I use Nuln oil i quite often drybrush over the top with the hull colour and then touchup some of the details.

On 5/1/2018 at 12:17 PM, NightAngel47 said:

Smart man, that is what I do to.

Nice work! The Hammerheads look good, although they are a little too "Mario Kart" for me. But that's just the colors all together, the painting is good!

Finished up my Imperial Squadrons from the first squadron pack.

http://imgur.com/gallery/9qEEfKF

finally someone who tries to paint the inside solar panels of tie fighters ?

with Sabine's Tie you went far in personalisation of your fighters, good job