make Fly Solo fun for both sides

By NagyLaci, in Imperial Assault Campaign

It's our first campaign and in sorry about the mess the trandoshans dealt 10 damage to han witout being adjacent, so I'm worried about this mission.

We could give Han more health but the rebels would then try to run trough the map which seems impossible if I don't let them to, so I would like to encourage them to fight their way out, making Han recover damage for killed units for example.

Any ideas how it could be done without making a side too strong?

Simple idea : give Han his skirmish attachment found in Heart of the Empire expansion box. If you don't have it you can easily find it on the web. The attachment does not allow Han to recover damage, but can guarantee him 2 attacks each round without actually spending an action, such that Han could double move during his activation

Edited by IanSolo_FFG

You could also give Han “Super Cunning” on defense which would be 2 blocks for each evade rolled. Supposedly, Han originally had this ability before he was nerfed before the release. But Fly Solo and Sorry About the Mess were not modified. Super Cunning would greatly increase his survivability.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:40 PM, totalnoob said:

You could also give Han “Super Cunning” on defense which would be 2 blocks for each evade rolled. Supposedly, Han originally had this ability before he was nerfed before the release. But Fly Solo and Sorry About the Mess were not modified. Super Cunning would greatly increase his survivability.

I'm not sure if you mean by that to give Han Super Cunning on top of the skirmish attachment I suggested or as an alternative? It may make Han way too powerful if he gets both upgrades? Solo could double move + attack twice + with improved defense stats. I would see why he does not want need to know the odds ;) I will admit though that I have never played Fly Solo, only read about how difficult it was for the rebels.

Edited by IanSolo_FFG
29 minutes ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

I'm not sure if you mean by that to give Han Super Cunning on top of the skirmish attachment I suggested or as an alternative? It may make Han way too powerful if he gets both upgrades? Solo could double move + attack twice + with improved defense stats. I would see why he does not want need to know the odds ;) I will admit though that I have never played Fly Solo, only read about how difficult it was for the rebels.

Ah, yes poor choice of words on my part. :) I meant as another option, not to stack on top of the skirmish attachment. I personally like Super Cunning as it directly applies to survivability. But having all the cool attacks from the Skirmish buff is pretty sweet too. Combining the two is probably too much,but maybe the IP really is looking for a challenge :D