GenCon 2018 - Wedding at Kyotei Castle - L5R 5th Edition RPG

By sndwurks, in Legend of the Five Rings Roleplaying Game Beta

So, the GenCon Event Calendar just went up for preview, and the Fantasy Flight Games line up did feature this little gem.

Taken from: https://www.gencon.com/events/128888

Wedding at Kyotei Castle
You have been honored with an invitation to a wedding uniting 2 prominent families of different Great Clans. However, not all of the wedding guests have arrived to congratulate the honored couple.
Pre-generated characters and all materials required to play will be provided.
System: L5R RPG 5th Edition
Seats: 15 per timeslot
Price: $6
Length: 4 hours

Timeslots:
Thursday - 10 AM, 3 PM
Friday - 10 AM, 3 PM
Saturday - 10 AM, 3 PM
Sunday - 11 AM

No announcement yet on if GenCon 2018 will see the release of the new RPG system, but based upon this, I find it doubtful. What we are likely going to see is a nearly finished product, with this being a demo / last minute playtest before the game goes to print. I would expect to see a finished RPG available for pre-release at the L5R LCG World Championships / Winter Court event in November, with a full release in December / January.

And, despite my criticism in other places, I intend to secure a ticket to this. I would like very much to play it, and see what improvements have been made since the Beta.

...of all the years i'm not able to do gencon...

Does it mean that for the Gencom we will have more than beta test materials and updates?

Oooooo!!!! I mean, I can't go but maybe people will tell me about it on the forums... and maybe we'll get the module some time after...

2 hours ago, fbtn said:

Does it mean that for the Gencom we will have more than beta test materials and updates?

No word on that yet, and I would not expect to know anything definite until 2 weeks before GenCon. FFG is notoriously tight lipped about these things. However, there will likely be some kind of "take home" element for this, unless they are being really stingy. $6 is too little for a set of dice ($15 would be my expected price point for that), but I would not be surprised if it was a copy of a character sheet with a glossy folder carrying a Clan Mon of the character or the L5R Logo.

1 hour ago, llamaman88 said:

Oooooo!!!! I mean, I can't go but maybe people will tell me about it on the forums... and maybe we'll get the module some time after...

Rest assured, I will be writing about it on my L5R Blog, Dave of the Five Rings.

will you link it on here for us?