Skirmish and casual only at Gen Con?

By Chupacabra52, in L5R LCG: Organized Play

So I started checking out what events were listed for L5R on Gen Cons page, but apparently they only have three events. A skirmish tournament on both thursday and friday, and a casual tournament on sunday. Wasn't there suppose to be a Kotei or Grand Kotei there? I was hoping for a bigger event, but if it's only those three tournaments, I can at least play more games and be okay with it. I noticed that Game of Thrones has the NA championship up as an event, so I am a little confused.

Im try to get rid of my cards i have emperor edition, and forgotten legacy, brand new still sealed

Event registration isn't until May 6th, so they may not all be entirely posted yet.

That would make sense. It just seems weird aGoT has their event in already but not L5R. I suppose there could be details they are working out yet.

It is weird, but you're correct that they're behind the ball if they haven't posted any big events yet.

They're a little late to the party, but FFG will get the Grand Kotei information up soon I'm sure.

I really hope so, Gen Con registration is notorious for popular events filling quickly...it's kind of tough planning the weekend when I don't know what times to reserve for the Kotei. I suppose I could just fill my schedule and cancel events that conflict, if they don't have it up by May 6th. Just hate doing that and potentially blocking someone else from being able to register for something I anticipate dropping anyways.

yeah it did seem kind of odd that their events weren't posted early on the first showing as they have been in the past. BUT it is not uncommon if they are trying to gauge what day would be best or their submission of events did not make it on time for the first go. It will mess up the schedule slightly since it will be hard to gauge the exact time., most likely it will be the same time slot as last year with no inaugural tournament (thankfully).

Full listing went up about an hour ago.

So given the odd timing of it posting, and a recent FAQ from Gen Con, I have a feeling they must have just missed the deadline for submission on the initial event listing, and it was caught in the backlog of events the Gen Con staff has been working to add. Still would have been nice to get some kind of info from FFG directly, but I guess it is what it is.

...and now it's time to plan my weekend. ?

Hope you all get in!

And I'm in. Hope to see some of you on Thursday in the Samurai Stage. You'll probably hope to see me too, for an easy win to get into the Magistrate Stage. ?

Looks like FFG did a decent job of anticipating demand this year. About two thirds of tickets sold in the initial rush, so plenty still available.

I didn't realize they had two separate Samurai -> Magistrate days, and signed up for the Friday set.

Pretty excited and am going to start ramping up my practice frequency a bit to prepare.