Heroes of the Empire - PbP OOC

By Mychal'el, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Well, with a PbP (from how I've done it in the past), there usually aren't set times. Just post as you're able to, and we'll try not to move on to another scene until people have had a chance to contribute.

I'm fine with starting everyone at Knight level, provided only starting XP is used for characteristics.

8 minutes ago, Kabal said:

Well, with a PbP (from how I've done it in the past), there usually aren't set times. Just post as you're able to, and we'll try not to move on to another scene until people have had a chance to contribute.

I'm fine with starting everyone at Knight level, provided only starting XP is used for characteristics.

Ah, okay. Thought it was gonna be on a set time. Cool.

Alright, will make that character soon, then.

5 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Here's what I was thinking for my character(s):

http://swsheets.com/c/o7khb31v3-zoth-chirt

http://swsheets.com/c/gamcskoyo-dr-larn-scovik

I was going to use whichever better fills the gap in the group, and just have the other as a back up.

I think I kept the evil down enough to make them viable, but let me know if it needs adjusting @Mychal'el .

Nice, that was quick!

Dr. Larn seems a lot like Dr. Radcliff from SHIELD who was a sympathetic antihero.

But Zoth does seem a bit more like villain, being a terrorist sympathizer out for personal glory and all. What if you spun Deathwatch as a liberation organization dedicated to preserving their endangered cultural heritage? And what if Zoth's motivation was Honor, Freedom or Justice?

Maybe I should play a Propagandist, I'm already in character lol!

Edited by Mychal'el
4 hours ago, Kabal said:

I run all of my games purely through Discord, using the D1C3 dice roller.

I've never used those. Will they work on Android mobile devices? That's all I got.

9 minutes ago, Mychal'el said:

I've never used those. Will they work on Android mobile devices? That's all I got.

The bot runs on the discord server, so the device should be irrelevant. Its super easy to use, once you get used to the nomenclature. It even keeps track of destiny points, each character's health and strain and credits. It can even track the crits you have taken. Its super handy.

Just now, Kabal said:

The bot runs on the discord server, so the device should be irrelevant. Its super easy to use, once you get used to the nomenclature. It even keeps track of destiny points, each character's health and strain and credits. It can even track the crits you have taken. Its super handy.

Gonna have to learn how to use D1C3 then.

Also, almost done with my character, here.

Not to worry. I've become a bit of an expert on it (running 3 online games, and playing in 2 others all using the dice roller). Its also easy to pick up, and has a very handy in-game help file.

Alright, cool.

And here we go: http://swsheets.com/c/vbnt5xpeh-anton-grankin

Sapper with a student to stop.

Needs lots of det tape. Blows (smaller than his prime) big holes. Easy enough to pull one of my Rebel characters into an Imperial.

Edited by satkaz
10 hours ago, SithArissa said:

Think I'd like to do any of the 3 Soldier specs from the core book with either Recruit or Imperial Cadet. Depends on the needs of the party.

@Kabal ,

In addition to knight level play, how do you feel about everyone taking either Recruit or Imperial Cadet as a free GM grant to reflect the character's prior Imperial background?

Cost wise, fine, but it'll need to be the first additional spec, and will still count when purchasing any additional specializations with the extra 150 points (so the next spec you select counts as your third).

1 hour ago, Mychal'el said:

@Kabal ,

In addition to knight level play, how do you feel about everyone taking either Recruit or Imperial Cadet as a free GM grant to reflect the character's prior Imperial background?

Oh, I'll need to change some stuff, then.

25 minutes ago, Kabal said:

Cost wise, fine, but it'll need to be the first additional spec, and will still count when purchasing any additional specializations with the extra 150 points (so the next spec you select counts as your third).

Got it.

Hmm, gonna have to ditch Heavy, but it's not that big of a deal. Just need to move some stuff around and we're still good, since Imperial Academy Cadet has some stuff to grab.

Also, how much Duty are we going to have at the start? I do wish to remove that Duty in order to get some more XP, plus it makes sense for me character-wise to start with 0 Duty.

Edited by satkaz
8 hours ago, satkaz said:

Oh, I'll need to change some stuff, then.

Got it.

Hmm, gonna have to ditch Heavy, but it's not that big of a deal. Just need to move some stuff around and we're still good, since Imperial Academy Cadet has some stuff to grab.

I guess it could be optional

Edited by Mychal'el
1 hour ago, Mychal'el said:

I guess it could be optional

Thinking about it now, it's cheaper to stick with Imperial Academy Cadet to at least get Ranged (Heavy). Allows me to actually get Dedication on Sapper, too, so it works out.

On 4/22/2018 at 6:46 PM, satkaz said:

For Jumptrooper...hmm...first thought was Gadgeteer, but Mercenary Soldier and Vanguard can come to mind, since Jumptroopers are usually flying to places and could be fairly close to others.

@Kabal ,

I'm still on the fence about specs to choose for my Jumptrooper / risk-taking Pilot. I guess there is a lot of debate surrounding application of piloting talents to jetpacks.

I was going to start with Smuggler: Pilot but I'm tempted to start out with Ace: Hotshot instead, but I don't want to buy talents expecting to be able to use them for a jetpack only to find out that it doesn't apply. Any suggestions?

I'm afraid I cant help you with spec selection from AoR. I've only ever played in a single campaign using those careers, and I was a Heavy/Vanguard soldier.

Well, a Jetpack turns you into a Sil 1, Speeed 2, Handling 0, System Strain 3 vehicle by RAW. So by that logic, vehicle talents should work.

Edited by satkaz

What is being said on restricted gear for the characters starting in this?

@Kabal can I make an Inquisitor? I would like to be a force user.

Do you guys have room for one more?

@SithArissa , either are fine, but I'm sure you know that there is a very strong anti-human bias in the Empire, and it may have an impact.

@Shlambate , you'll need to start with an AoE career/specialization, but you can pick up Force Emergent or Exile if you want to be force sensitive. You wont be part of Vader's Inquisitor Corps, though, and being found out could be detrimental.

24 minutes ago, Kabal said:

You wont be part of Vader's Inquisitor Corps, though, and being found out could be detrimental.

What does the Empire do with Force Sensitive children?

And what about other fully indoctrinated Force adepts?

Are they not potential weapons of the Empire? It would be a shame to waste them.

@Kabal , what time period do you want to start?

May I suggest during the events of Solo ?

Edited by Mychal'el
8 hours ago, Kabal said:

@SithArissa , either are fine, but I'm sure you know that there is a very strong anti-human bias in the Empire, and it may have an impact.

No problem with that. Helps RP to have a hook.

10 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

@Kabal , what time period do you want to start?

May I suggest during the events of Solo ?

Sure, we can set the time period to the early rise of the Empire. Just note that my cannon follows the original (pre Phantom Menace) timeline. The Clone Wars were fought against an army of clones (which is why cloning technology is outlawed in the Empire) and Stormtroopers are just highly trained and indoctrinated soldiers; Uncle Owen was Kenobi's brother (which is why Luke was left in their charge, Anakin has never been to Tattooine prior to the Tantive IV crashing there); C3P0 is just a generic protocol droid owned by Captain Antilles, R2 was never Kenobi's droid, etc.

11 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

What does the Empire do with Force Sensitive children?

And what about other fully indoctrinated Force adepts?

Are they not potential weapons of the Empire? It would be a shame to waste them.

The Emperor has a very strict dictate that all force sensitives are to be eradicated. Other than Darth Vader, no one knows that he's a powerful force user himself. Especially in this early Empire timeline, they're still doing everything they can to wipe out any last trace of the Jedi order. After the initial purge, when they start discovering new force sensitives, they may start something like the Inquisitors that we see in the F&D game, but that hasnt happened yet.