Army Building Considerations

By ShadowKite, in Army Building

If you are interested in some army building theories, here's an article I wrote on the subject that's hosted by the Imperial Terrain blog. It also includes an army I've built around using Leia as a commander. Obviously it won't be fully playable for some time, but I'd still love to hear any feedback you have!

A good intro to army building. You should add in a section on activation advantage though as this is important (having more units so you can out-deploy your opponent and have better control during the game to wait out their activations and react accordingly).

Also, you mention that blue wins tie-breakers. What are you referring to here as the only tie-breakers I'm aware of are command card initiative and that's determined by a die roll.

If victory points are tied, and killpoints are somehow also tied, the blue player wins ;)

As for the article - great stuff! You mentioned most of the important points, an it is a worthwhile read for sure. I guess not everyone puts so much care into listbulidng, thus diminishing such list's potential. I do enjoy when people posting their list online for review do include their plan for the game or better the thought process for their choices, as it makes list critique so much more constructive!

Thanks for the comments @Ghost Dancer and @Shanturin . I realize now that I didn't explain the tie-breaker part very well, thanks for clarifying that Shanturin. I will see about updating the article with a bit more explanation. I'm expecting to touch on activation advantage more in a future article, but your right I should add a mention in this one too.