TIL There is a Connection Between HotE's story and Clone Wars series

By Tvboy, in Imperial Assault Campaign

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bardottan_Sphere

The sphere was first featured in season 6 of Clone Wars, which was aired as the list episodes on Netflix. Truthfully, I actually skipped this episode when it came out after I found out Jar Jar Binks was the focus.

In the episode, the sphere was shattered , which explains why the reward in the game is called the Bardottan Shard.

Yep, it's a neat little nod, and canon friendly too (since it's only one shard of likely many).

TBH, I didn't mind the idea of an actual McGuffin in IA (unlike the more abstract McGuffin in RtH, or the twist on the formula with the Core box's non-McGuffin).

Kinda reminds me of the Sunstone in Descent. I wouldn't mind more treasure hunty stuff like that, should we get more stuff in the future.

Eh, Bespin Gambit also had a MacGuffin plot, so I'd be okay if they try something different, but I do really like when they use elements from other properties, makes the game feel more connected to the SW universe.

Some missions in HotE also feel quite a lot like SW:Rebels episodes, and the whole hunt for the artifact ties in with or parallels what happens during seasons 2-3.

And then there's Tyrants of Lothal now.