805th Engineering Division

By Traxo, in Painting

Hello and welcome to my presentation of my small (but growing) army

When the game was announced, i knew i had to buy it - and i knew i had to limit myself to one of the sides. My good friend and gaming partner is an allround good guy, and always chooses the good guys - and since i didn't want to play mirror-matches all the time, i chose the Empire.

With that in place i knew i needed a theme for my force - that theme would be decided by my choice of basing (ie. what planet they operate on), the paintscheme and the units in the army. My friend and i was already in the process of making Tatooine terrain, so i quickly settled on desertbases.

Then i knew i wanted a focus of machines and vehicles in my army - that would be my focus point.

Lastly i chose to implent a lot of grey in my paintscheme - this was done to make my force unique - but also to couple my ground forces with my vehicles - the grey would be my main color through out the army. Lastly i chose some heavy weathering on most troops and vehichles.

First a piece of background, before the pictures of my finished models:

The 805th Engineering Division have been stationed on Jorbal for more years than any one care to remember. If you ask the troops themselves, they are pretty confident that the Empire have all but forgotten them. New supplies and gear from the Core Worlds are a thing of rarity, and most troops never live to see the Shuttles fly in.

This neglect from high command have resulted in a division, which is fiercely independent. You will never hear a member of the 805th ask for help. They make do with what they have, and is never one to make complaints. Their main focus on the arid rock called Jorbal is protecting the Imperial Research facility there - exactly what is researched is not known, and to be honest, the 805th does not care. A command was given, and a command is followed.

The most prized possession of the 805th Engineering Division is its Walkers, Speederbikes and Tanks. This is the vehicles that give the Empire the upper hand against Jorbal's insurgents and numerous Rebel cells - that for some reason often target the research facility. Although these vehicles often looks battered and scoured and often is stripped down to the grey primer by the fierce sandstorms, an enemy should not underestimate them - the inner workings i a wellgreased gear, and its not misleading that the 805th is a Engineering division.

The latest rumours in the barracks is that a high ranking Imperial in en-route to the planet on a secret mission - who could it be...?

The first unit painted, was my Storm Troopers:

40470381545_81272c2616.jpg

Pretty standard, except for my DLT-trooper. I quickly decided that i wanted more unique heavy weapons, so all my heavies are going to have Visors, antennae and Shoulderguards.

Then i painted my Speederbikes, to have a go at the grey vehicle colour i had chosen - and to see the grey markings on another type of trooper armour:

39555889230_fa24f2605c.jpg 40651853754_e45566140f.jpg

Some bad pictures - sorry

After these, i couldn't help my self, and dove into the challenge of tackling the AT-ST - i knew i wanted two of these, so i was very excited!

41322393112_457827809b_z.jpg 39555894430_5efef3c063_z.jpg

40651857434_fe96d59fcb_z.jpg 41322398172_e8c2284ba3_z.jpg

Really happy with the outcome - all weapons are interchangable, and the Mortar is fastened with magnets.

Lastly a group photo of my forces so far:

41322399962_dcb43b65f2_c.jpg

Next up - some more Storm Troopers - gotta have those Corps!

Thanks for looking, and feel free to leave a comment below - im really liking the game and the community so far :)

/Jon

Traxo, love the backstory for your army and the paint jobs look great! Also like the details you added to the DLT trooper.

Great work, nice details behind your choices. Look forward to more pictures.

I had plans on painting a squad of Stormtroopers that were survivors of Scariff. They would all wear Shoretrooper armor on their left arms. I had originally done that on my Biv Bodhirick miniature for Imperial Assault and really loved the look.

Edited by C3POFETT

How did you do the extra stuff for the heavy?

36 minutes ago, Jabby said:

How did you do the extra stuff for the heavy?

Its simply a bit of Greenstuff, Plastic card and a paperclip for the Antenna. Here is a WIP of the mini:

40655675854_2bf1608aed.jpg 27497992098_144117930f.jpg

Thanks alot for the nice comments people - it makes an old geek like me happy :)

/Jon

Well done my friend! welcome to the shiny happy people club :)

56 minutes ago, Traxo said:

it makes an old geek like me happy :)

Old? Your profile says you were born in 1990. 28 is hardly old. I was a freshman in high school when you were born!

It matters not. Welcome to Legion. Please keep posting your awesome figures (and cool back stories)!

That looks great mate, simple but unique scheme, but it sure makes them stand out enough from standard stormtroopers that you will certainly notice them, while it's close enough to the standard scheme that it doesn't stand out as out of place. Very nicely done and great weathering.

Looks great. Nice clean greenstuff add-ons, very cool and not overdone color scheme, and your bases look great- some of the best desert effects I think I've seen!

Show us more! What Imperial is on the way to visit Jorbal?

Terrific weathering on those guys. Cool color scheme too. Just a thought inspired by the bedrolls on the bikes, but I think a spot of yellow somewhere on the dark grey of the troopers might really look fantastic with the scheme.

Very nice! I’m hoping we see engineers released as squad upgrades in the future.

7 hours ago, C3POFETT said:

I had plans on painting a squad of Stormtroopers that were survivors of Scariff. They would all wear Shoretrooper armor on their left arms. I had originally done that on my Biv Bodhirick miniature for Imperial Assault and really loved the look.

Absolutely LOVE this idea.

Awesome!

Wow! Great job, I just love the colors and markings.

Those look awesome. Sorry, but I will definitely copy your work :D

16 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Old? Your profile says you were born in 1990. 28 is hardly old. I was a freshman in high school when you were born!

It matters not. Welcome to Legion. Please keep posting your awesome figures (and cool back stories)!

Well, im surrounded by young whippersnappers in my area, so i feel old - does that count? :) But nonetheless, thanks for the kind words!

15 hours ago, Makwiesel said:

Looks great. Nice clean greenstuff add-ons, very cool and not overdone color scheme, and your bases look great- some of the best desert effects I think I've seen!

Show us more! What Imperial is on the way to visit Jorbal?

Thanks Makwiesel! The bases are a mostly Vallejo basing paste, small slate for the small rocks and tree bark. Regarding what Imperial is on the way, the "Engineers" of the 805th is wondering too - who could possibly show interest in this remote rock?

15 hours ago, LunarSol said:

Terrific weathering on those guys. Cool color scheme too. Just a thought inspired by the bedrolls on the bikes, but I think a spot of yellow somewhere on the dark grey of the troopers might really look fantastic with the scheme.

That's not a bad idea LunarSol! My thought about the cloth on the Speederbikes is that it's some kind of camo-cloaks - hence the desert color. The white and black isn't exactly lowkey.. So i will definitely incorporate it other places.

Otherwise, thanks a lot for all the nice comments - im really happy that you like my little force :) At the moment im finishing the greenstuff work on another 3 DLT troopers - and then its on to painting more Storm Troopers.. I have done some mixing and converting regarding to poses, that im really looking forward to showing you :)

/Jon

22 hours ago, Traxo said:

Its simply a bit of Greenstuff, Plastic card and a paperclip for the Antenna. Here is a WIP of the mini:

40655675854_2bf1608aed.jpg 27497992098_144117930f.jpg

Thanks alot for the nice comments people - it makes an old geek like me happy :)

/Jon

I am 100% stealing your paint scheme

Det ser også godt ud herinde ;)

3 hours ago, Jabby said:

I am 100% stealing your paint scheme

Feel free to take inspiration from it - imitation is the greatest kind of flattery :)

Tonight, when i should have painted Storm troopers, i ended up doing a fair bit of converting on the high ranking Imperial on the way to Jorbal. I might just snap some daylight pictures for you guys tomorrow ;)

/Jon

Love what you did. It's freaking awesome.

You also want to convert a "no-name" commander to be played as one of the "named" one? I plan to do the same for Han solo when he will be realesed :D

13 hours ago, RaevenKS said:

Love what you did. It's freaking awesome.

You also want to convert a "no-name" commander to be played as one of the "named" one? I plan to do the same for Han solo when he will be realesed :D

Thanks for the kind words!

The conversion im doing now, is more like a change of pose - its still clear who the model is. I might make a fluffy name for Veers, once he is released, and use him as a General of the 805th Engineering division :)

/Jon

Here is a small preview of a certain Dark Lord on his way to Jorbal - wonder what he wants on that backwater rock? :huh:

41427192821_4e835ed5d8_n.jpg 39618006870_9a8ae56dbf_n.jpg 27555311728_6b95e58b3f_n.jpg

He may, or may not, have taken a bit of inspiration from his sons pose :)

/Jon

29 minutes ago, Traxo said:

" I see your Swartz is as big as mine. "

Looks like hes getting ready to bat some rebel heads