Need more content

By MAZZA, in Legends of the Alliance

I think its fair to say that the community needs a new long campaign added to the app very soon. We've all no doubt played the heck out of the one it came with.

Lets get this updated already please

2ea62fa95e9d65cdc6df27aaef88a78a.jpg

Yep, I'd be happy to spend $10 on a new campaign if it came out next month.

12 hours ago, Tvboy said:

Yep, I'd be happy to spend $10 on a new campaign if it came out next month.

I'd spend $20 if it comes out this month!

2 hours ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

I'd spend $20 if it comes out this month!

I'd probably spend $20 NEXT month if it comes out this month.

I could outspent you on this!

I would outspend myself!

But seriously, any news on IF there will be another "long campaign" and/or any mini-campaigns for the base set of Star Wars Imperial Assault. And if so, any approximate release dates?

Thanks!

Lee

And slightly less importantly. There are currently 5 medium or big box expansions:

Return to Hoth (2015)

Twin Shadows (2015)

Bespin Gambit (2016)

Heart of the Empire (2017)

Jabba's Realm (2017)

Assuming anyone has the base set if they have an expansion.

Any idea IF there will be and if so, any approximate release date for a campaign for:

Base Set + Return to Hoth

Base Set + Twin Shadows

I'd love any info on the other three expansions, but my previous reply re: a new base set campaign and/or the above two expansion campaigns comes first.

Thanks!

Lee

Unfortunately, nobody really knows what the future holds and FFG likes to play things close to their chests. This is especially true with their digital releases like this app, where often they'll just drop an announcement out of nowhere that new content is available. They don't usually give any hints on dates, or even if something is coming at all.

With that said, all indications seem to be that the app was a big success for them so I can't see them stopping now. My guess is that they'll probably bring in some of the expansion content next, but which expansion and how they go about it is completely up in the air.

Personally I would love to see them do Twin Shadows just to get Boba Fett onto the table. I think it would be really cool if they could tie him in somehow to the main campaign storyline in a somewhat meaningful way.

I hope their creative team is planning on a big content push to capitalize on kids going on summer break soon.

I am also hoping they have a technical team working on feature improvements such as ways to have the random deployments constrained to themes, environment, etc. I'm sure it's not trivial for them to address but it would have a pretty big impact on how engaging the campaigns are.

2 hours ago, lee.frank.94 said:

Any idea IF there will be and if so, any approximate release date for a campaign for:

Base Set + Return to Hoth

Base Set + Twin Shadows

I'd love any info on the other three expansions, but my previous reply re: a new base set campaign and/or the above two expansion campaigns comes first.

The Descent App provided alternate maps for each (or some of) the expansions within the main campaign. I am expecting that this is the way that IA will handle box expansions as well.

11 minutes ago, McTavish said:

I am also hoping they have a technical team working on feature improvements such as ways to have the random deployments constrained to themes, environment, etc. I'm sure it's not trivial for them to address but it would have a pretty big impact on how engaging the campaigns are.

My opinion (as a programmer) is that it shouldn't actually be a complex issue or for that matter not much work.

The mini campaign in the App already selectively filters deployments depending on what content you have chosen and in some places it seems to be selecting other subsets (e.g. ominous figure => unique villain). They may need to cut and paste a few distinct encounter tables but I suspect the only real issue is ensuring that the distribution is such that there is a reasonable chance of people's content appearing somewhere in the campaign. Perhaps the mini-campaign simply has too few encounters to justify more selective filtering and the very random deployments are useful for generating feedback on the way the villains have been implemented.

34 minutes ago, Zerker said:

My opinion (as a programmer) is that it shouldn't actually be a complex issue or for that matter not much work.

I was being nice :)

35 minutes ago, Zerker said:

Perhaps the mini-campaign simply has too few encounters to justify more selective filtering and the very random deployments are useful for generating feedback on the way the villains have been implemented.

I believe this is true.

It would certainly explain why the snow troopers showed up on a desert planet and the Nexu on a Star Destroyer!

On 4/13/2018 at 5:50 PM, lee.frank.94 said:

It would certainly explain why the snow troopers showed up on a desert planet and the Nexu on a Star Destroyer!

Here's how I'll no-prize that. Snowtrooper is just the common name for them. They are actually "Extreme Environment Troopers" who wear Environmental Recovery Gear. Expensive specialty armor only issued to specialized units. We saw the troops on Tatooine with the Air conditioners on their back, but that was a quick fix because they didn't have any ERG suits onboard the Devestator. Environmental Recovery Gear suits can keep the wearer at optimum battle temperatures from 150 to -80 Fahrenheit.

I think it is safe to say there is no way they went through all that trouble just to have one 5 mission campaign then call it quits. More is in the pipeline, we just have to wait :/ I thought for sure we would see app content by now, but i imagine it isn't far off.

Let the hype die down from the expansion announcement a bit first. Or better yet, enjoy that hype and embrace it while we wait :D

I would guess that we'll either get a new app-campaign or an announcement of a new app-campaign on May 1st, during Fantasy Flight's Star Wars upcoming products presentation:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/4/17/the-star-wars-hyperspace-report/

It would be perfect timing and I think the fact they already announced the new physical expansions means they probably have some other IA announcement for that presentation (most likely to do with the app). This is just speculation of course but I think it's quite likely. Less likely but still possible, May the 4th is Star Wars Day so perhaps we'll see something then if we don't see it at Worlds.

Edited by Aiwendil

Hope to see more, I've pretty much ignored Imperial Assault all these years because I still play and enjoy the old Star Wars Miniatures game from WOTC if I need my ground battles fix, and there is a ton more characters and content there.

But the app has intrigued me and gotten me interested, if there's a number of missions approaching say the Mansions of Madness or descent levels then I may have to finally get into it.

Oh and the Rebels TV show characters help, the Ghost is what got me into X-Wing and then Armada. If they make a campaign where you roll with them I would be all over the new packs.

latest?cb=20131216171523

Still nothing? ? What's taking those dang protocol droids (I mean programmers) so long to put out new content?

Dont worry,

As soon as you acquire everything currently produced for the game (which is what I did last month) they will release v2 of Imperial Assault, where there will be more app based missions, but then you have to buy the $150 conversion kit.

18 hours ago, Redsavina said:

Dont worry,

As soon as you acquire everything currently produced for the game (which is what I did last month) they will release v2 of Imperial Assault, where there will be more app based missions, but then you have to buy the $150 conversion kit.

There's not quite enough steam in Imperial Assault right now for me to complete my expansion collection. It would take more app missions or a second edition to get me engaged again. The second edition conversion kit for Descent is only $29.95 so I don't think it would be as bad as X-Wing 2.0. Not that X-Wing 2.0 is a bad thing. It just costs more to convert a larger collection of minis across multiple factions. Imperial Assault isn't this way.

Edited by dwaynedauzat

I think the worst part is that even after we receive a new campaign , we are in all likelihood going to wait another 6+ moths before seeing another.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:32 AM, Rikalonius said:

I'll no-prize that.

Yes. We need the infamous No-Prize!

I believe you can have the first one.

Congratulations!

Another week coming to a close, no word on anything related to when an update will come...