Need more content

By MAZZA, in Legends of the Alliance

18 minutes ago, rasmussen81 said:

Or, more likely, FFG continued to work on the next campaign like they had planned all along and released it when it was ready. ?

Haha that sort of reasonableness has no place on the forums, sir :P

4 hours ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

We need that here too! Am I again mistaken in thinking that there exist better tools to help achieve that in Descent? I thought I read somewhere that FFG even provided such tools to create custom campaigns (or at least custom missions that I suppose could be linked together into a campaign).

Vassal is a very good tool for making custom campaign maps. That's what I'm using for my custom campaign. I do wish they had a tool for making mission rules though. Making pdfs from scratch is a PIA.

2 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

Yeah, they got an official version of it.

I'd love to have that for IA.

As someone who doesn't own Descent, what's the quality of that been? It doesn't look like it ever left the beta phase. Do a lot of people use it? Are the quests that people post any good?

4 minutes ago, Pollux85 said:

As someone who doesn't own Descent, what's the quality of that been? It doesn't look like it ever left the beta phase. Do a lot of people use it? Are the quests that people post any good?

I don't actively play Descent anymore, but I popped into their tool and you can see that there's still content being uploaded within the last 24 hours. As with all fan-made content, YMMV and quality not assured.

https://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/

26 minutes ago, Pollux85 said:

TBH, I haven't used it yet.

Still working on painting my Descent buddies.

But I've heard relatively good things.

43 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

Vassal is a very good tool for making custom campaign maps. That's what I'm using for my custom campaign. I do wish they had a tool for making mission rules though. Making pdfs from scratch is a PIA.

Use the IA symbol font and you have most of it covered. (I have a "template" laying around on my site if you need a starting point.)

37 minutes ago, jvdvalk said:

Wrong big-box expansion for me. ?

This gives me a reason to complete my collection. I had no desire to buy more stuff until I saw more content for the app.

1 hour ago, a1bert said:

Use the IA symbol font and you have most of it covered. (I have a "template" laying around on my site if you need a starting point.)

Actually I would love to look at that, right now I'm just doing Word files split into columns but I'm still in the draft stage. Edge of Oblivion was all done in photoshop but I didn't have a template and it was a painful process.

15 hours ago, jvdvalk said:

Wrong big-box expansion for me. ?

Same here. Why not Hoth or Bespin? I bet the Hoth expansion outsold Jabbas palace.

13 minutes ago, Gallanteer said:

Why not Hoth or Bespin?

Why not Twin Shadows, Heart of the Empire, Tyrants of Lothal, and why not Jabba's Realm?

We have heard in interviews that products start with a setting/story. If we assume that for the app campaigns as well, I think the story and the structure of Jabba's Realm is much better than anything before it (Heart of the Empire may have stepped it up a notch) and giving the rebels choice fits the app, and allows much more replayability without the need to rewrite the story elements.

(Well, Tyrants of Lothal would be hard to playtest without testers having the physical product. Although some people have speculated a simultaneous release, testers not having the product is a big hindrance to its feasibility.)

2 hours ago, Gallanteer said:

Same here. Why not Hoth or Bespin? I bet the Hoth expansion outsold Jabbas palace.

This is pure conjecture on my part but i'm wondering if they're wanting to see what the sales bump is from introducing this particular content and whether further development is cost effective. I'm guessing the earlier the Expansion the greater the number of people who already own it. Therefore releasing an app campaign based around a more recent (less popular?) product may have more of an impact on associated sales, especially as the App itself is free.

35 minutes ago, JCrudge said:

Therefore releasing an app campaign based around a more recent (less popular?) product may have more of an impact on associated sales, especially as the App itself is free.

I highly doubt the less popular part, though I have no facts to prove otherwise of course. Jabba's realm has been the most important box for skirmishes, several people buying multiple boxes for elite weequays and/or jets. Even for the casual games, I guess the rancor must be more attractive than a tank or at-dp, no?

It's really just my own gripe, I don't blame FFG for taking a direction.

I've wanted new app content for a while now, but I am not willing to invest more in the expansions themselves.

My loss. ?

Its great that that we got an expansion. I still would love to hear news related to when the next one will come. Even if its 6 months away.

The simple truth is that FFG will not share information with us until it is very concrete.

If they give us information 6 months in advance there are a large number of things that can go wrong in that time.

People can forget about stuff, and lose interest.

Design can be affected in any number of different ways.

Shipping or Production can be affected. (for physical content)

Its simply too unrealistic to expect long term insight into design/release schedules for any company, regardless of what they make.

What @Majushi said. FFG isn't about us specifically and new stuff is gonna drop when it drops. The only thing that is going to pay of in the end is patience. New awesome IA stuff is coming soon (Lothal & app Jabba-campaign), and more awesome IA will drop when FFG is ready to release it; premature news is bound to disappoint, so enjoy what you have -- play Twin Shadows (or whatever) one more time -- and don't be "that" fan (=not directed against anyone here). :D

Also, Star Wars is there to stay, forever!

I would love to see some of the expansion tiles mixed together at some point, though.

Heart of the Empire city tiles with Hoth snow tiles or Lothal Savannah tiles would be fun, as would simply mixing Twin Shadows and Jabba's Realm desert tiles for the ultimate Tatooine experience.

Hopefully, the app will allow for that someday.

Though, it would be a bit more of a pain to set up missions.

2 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

I would love to see some of the expansion tiles mixed together at some point, though.

Heart of the Empire city tiles with Hoth snow tiles or Lothal Savannah tiles would be fun, as would simply mixing Twin Shadows and Jabba's Realm desert tiles for the ultimate Tatooine experience.

Hopefully, the app will allow for that someday.

Though, it would be a bit more of a pain to set up missions.

TS + JR + Core = you can create the ultimate cantina map! Big enough for Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes to actually consider performing at your place :p

For the record, at this year's In-Flight Report FFG confirmed that there is more app content in the works after Jabba's

Yay!! Now hopefully some of that content is either a full length campaign (I love the short campaigns for some play groups, but dedicated groups want moooarr!!) or some sort of bonus mode like we've seen in Descent. Those are actually really fun.