Scarif themed rebels.

By fade_74, in Painting

Here is what I have painted so far. Vallejo game color Khaki, and Vallejo model color German grey. I also used Sorastro's leather method that he uses on Luke in his first Legion video, check it out on Youtube if you would like to know those colors. He is always a great source of inspiration. Doctor Fausts' Painting Clinic was the inspiration for the basing as he did a desert base video a couple years ago, and I used a slightly modified version. Another great source for inspiration. Thanks for looking, and I may post more pictures in this thread as I finish models.

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.125a1d80aca2fc8c38c7da5353eba2e6.jpg

Beautiful work!

Yeah, very cool!

(a higher angle shot of the T-47 would be nice)

Very nice Fade! I was thinking of painting at least a squad of rebels with Scarif colors.

Well done!

Nice job on all pieces. I see Rogue One as a popular choice for the Rebels theme and love the colors. I am glad they announced a squad of Endor type commandos to be released with Han Solo before I went with an Endor theme for my Rebels. I was thinking of painting my rebels like the desert themed Rebels from EA's Battlefront 2015.

What paints did you use?

Any chance of a view of the top of the T-47?

These look pretty great. I'll join the others in asking for more views of them. ?

Another, more top-down view, as per your requests. I should have added this image when I first made the post but I wasn't thinking. Clipboard01.jpg.c224620241e3fbd15c98325732edc70e.jpg

It's not letting me post any more pics :( Is there a limit?

2 hours ago, fade_74 said:

Another, more top-down view, as per your requests. I should have added this image when I first made the post but I wasn't thinking. Clipboard01.jpg.c224620241e3fbd15c98325732edc70e.jpg

Fantastic! Excellent work. I had some ideas about how to paint mine and this helped me sort them out.

As much as I like the original ESB theme, I am enjoying seeing other ideas besides the grayish-white with accents from the movies

2 hours ago, fade_74 said:

It's not letting me post any more pics :( Is there a limit?

you gotta put your pictures up on something like imgur and then link them from there.

Get a free Imgur account. Then Upload your pics.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Imgur hover your mouse on your username, then click on "images"

Next select an image in the thumbnail gallery.

Then click the blue "copy" button and paste into your post. I use the BBCode (for boards and forums)

You can post pics to your heart's content

DIis8xa.jpg

What paint colors did you use to make these?

Edit: never mind

Edited by the BaldBarian

Mmmhmmmm that Is one nice Speeder, nice job ! What colours did you use for their jackets and the likes ?

1 hour ago, Drukona said:

Mmmhmmmm that Is one nice Speeder, nice job ! What colours did you use for their jackets and the likes ?

The paint colors were listed above the very first picture. Vallejo german grey, and Vallejo khaki. I used Secret Weapon Miniatures rubber for the grey highlight, and Vallejo Iraqi Sand for the khaki highlight.

Just wanted something different for the officer pants for some reason. RgNNnFa.jpg

Edited by fade_74
46 minutes ago, fade_74 said:

The paint colors were listed above the very first picture. Vallejo german grey, and Vallejo khaki. I used Secret Weapon Miniatures rubber for the grey highlight, and Vallejo Iraqi Sand for the khaki highlight.

Oh... don' I look silly ? thanks for the info, I was gonna buy some German grey but I wasn't sure... well now I am !

Looking great!

Going with a similar, "Scarif-inspired" look as well.

This is by far my favorite speeder variant. I see a lot of people adding weathering and wear that makes the whole model look dull and just badly painted. But the leading edge weathering you have in the speeder here looks perfect. How did you do that?

45 minutes ago, BigBadAndy said:

This is by far my favorite speeder variant. I see a lot of people adding weathering and wear that makes the whole model look dull and just badly painted. But the leading edge weathering you have in the speeder here looks perfect. How did you do that?

A light sponge of very dark brown followed by light sponge of silver. Then a few streaks of silver brushed on with a fine pointed brush.

really dig your paint job. looking forward to see more of your stuff.

I have to say that I love this scheme for the flyers...I hope you don't mind if I borrow this.....

The first of two AT-RT's for my rebels.

Xv6Pjn9.jpg

A96DSDc.jpg