On the boat for 3 months?

By Elliphino, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

Where has that boat been? It must be on the ship that made the Kessel Run in slightly more than twelve thousand parsecs.

Seriously though. Any updates?

Several books went to "on the boat" status at roughly the same time. While not confirmed directly from FFG, observation of how (so far) two have been released suggest that FFG is staggering their releases so as not to hit customers' wallets all at once. (If we include the price tag of this one, that would have been $190 SRP for the four sourcebooks and the anniversary edition all hitting at once.)

My personal guess for this one - given nostalgia factor for the game and the "past" setting of Solo - is releasing May 24. Meanwhile, someone in another thread has heard a release date of May 7.

Pirates...

this is a joke...im loosing patience with FFG on this one. and I agree if it was on the boat for 3 months how many times would it have sailed around the world in that amount of time

What I have come to understand is the upcoming page is horribly inaccurate. Also they have been having some issues with their printer. All of this is out of FFGs hands. And they have looked into printing in the US. Problem is that is a lower quality print for more money. Which is not a good option.

This is from a conversation with someone fairly high up at FFG.

Edited by Daeglan

So they are debating internally how and when they should tell this to us?

7 hours ago, Wilford9000 said:

So they are debating internally how and when they should tell this to us?

Why would they? Very few companies openly discuss internal hurdles and decisions of that kind publicly.

Example: At my job, a Mac OS update broke the functionality of one of our softwares that provides computer connectivity for our physical product. Given the quick pace of Mac OS updates, it took our software development team about a year and a half to resolve the issue. In that time, those of us in customer support could only say, via phone or email, “We’re aware of the issue. Our software team is working on a fix. Keep watching our web site for an update to be posted.”

Amazon says May 7th now.

Amazon now says August 16

Yeah,

In my case, Amazon says 20-Aug-2018. So, it's looking really bad

EDIT: To be clear, today it says 20-Aug-2018 for my preorder, but yesterday was 23-Apr-2018 (or 21, considering the 2 day shipping)

Edited by Rithuan

this has to be a joke right? august now? i call BS on FFG for this one...looks like im just going to get my money back and use that on another game. Reminds me of Devil Pig Games with there sorry excuse for a player frendly web store

Amazon is notoriously unreliable for release dates for FFG games. Do not believe any date projected by Amazon.

1 hour ago, kaosoe said:

Amazon is notoriously unreliable for release dates for FFG games RPGs not published by WotC or Paizo. Do not believe any date projected by Amazon.

Fixed that for ya ;)

In all seriousness, Amazon release dates for any of the smaller publishers is speculation at best, and should be taken as such. I think even Amazon has had release dates for major RPG companies like WotC and Paizo wrong before.

And this is just one reason why PDFs are vastly superior to physical books.

But a PDF of a nostalgia-driven re-creation of a 30 year old book released when PDFs didn’t exist sort of defeats the purpose of its very existence....

I would bet a cup of coffee this doesn't make it until GenCon. A YEAR is a really long time to wait for an RPG who's PDF's and hard copies of original are available now.

I have a small hunch FFG has run into some legal trouble with WEG on this and may be the limbo problem.

I cancelled my pre-order, because in either case, it's still BS.

Come on guys, stick to your guns, no matter how long it takes it will be worth it,

you willl kick yourself if you miss this

On 25/04/2018 at 2:38 PM, Torg Smith said:

And this is just one reason why PDFs are vastly superior to physical books.

Heathen

On 24/04/2018 at 3:52 PM, kaosoe said:

Amazon is notoriously unreliable for release dates for FFG games. Do not believe any date projected by Amazon.

Amazon is notoriously unreliable, so bad in fact they have twice this year extended my prime membership for messing me around,

stuff goes missing all the time,

I just looked for it on Amazon today and couldn't even find it.

I pre-ordered in August last year and have waited long enough. Canceling the order and just buying an original copy off of eBay (or Amazon, for that matter.)

I just sent an email asking for an update on this, since it has been listed as "On The Boat" since 18 January. I'll post whatever answer I get as soon as I get it.

On 5/14/2018 at 1:44 PM, Azadan said:

I just sent an email asking for an update on this, since it has been listed as "On The Boat" since 18 January. I'll post whatever answer I get as soon as I get it.

I sent an inquiry last week as well and got this response this morning:

Thanks for reaching out! I apologize for the delays in getting the books out. We ran into some production issues but hope to have the book out soon. Thank you for your support and patience!”

So it is still coming but we are none the wiser as to when

53 minutes ago, Toku Askanidog said:

I sent an inquiry last week as well and got this response this morning:

Thanks for reaching out! I apologize for the delays in getting the books out. We ran into some production issues but hope to have the book out soon. Thank you for your support and patience!”

So it is still coming but we are none the wiser as to when

Well, at least we have a reason why it's been delayed.

I'm guessing there was a hyperdrive failure and this is having to limp its way in using the backup hyperdrive unit.

Book releases have been terrible since Asmodee acquired FFG. I can't help but feel they have a great deal to do with this.