Vader and panic

By Keithandor, in Rules

If Vader has courage (-)

does that mean that all Stormtroopers at range 1-3 of Vader are immune to panic?

yes, that's exactly what it means. :)

Ok cool , Vader may Bev better than I first thought :)

no need to worry, he is VERY strong. this is just one of his many useful features. ;)

59 minutes ago, Keithandor said:

Ok cool , Vader may Bev better than I first thought :)

He'd better be, for that price.

Vader also cannot gain suppression tokens and will never benefit from suppression cover.

33 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Vader also cannot gain suppression tokens and will never benefit from suppression cover.

Vader does not duck from laser shots, laser shots duck from him.
Ohh wait, wrong one. This was Norris.

But this is really a drawback from Vader. He would have been better with a courage of 10 than "-".

Note that Stormtroopers still suffer from Suppression (losing an action) if they don't clear their suppression tokens.

Do you still give Vader Suppression tokens even though he is immune?

No, and that's an important question because he does not get the benefit of a suppression token, viz increasing cover by one.

Vader still takes suppression. He just doesn't have a suppression value for the sake of panic.

The cover increase only applies to trooper units.

Edited by Banditoralf

10 minutes ago, Banditoralf said:

Vader still takes suppression. He just doesn't have a suppression value for the sake of panic.

The cover increase only applies to trooper units.

No, Vader does not take suppression tokens. RRG pg 21 under Courage says that if there is no Courage value a trooper doesn’t take suppression tokens. Vader is a trooper, it’s on his card.

Vader does not take suppression tokens. From page 21 under "Courage":

• Some trooper units do not have a courage value. These units have a “–” on their unit card where a courage value would normally be.
    • A trooper unit without a courage value cannot be assigned a suppression token. As such, that unit cannot become suppressed or panicked.

edit: Ninja'd!

Edited by nashjaee
6 minutes ago, Jacen007 said:

No, Vader does not take suppression tokens. RRG pg 21 under Courage says that if there is no Courage value a trooper doesn’t take suppression tokens. Vader is a trooper, it’s on his card.

Then they have to edit that cause that refers to specifically troopers. Not the other units.

My bad.

Edit: disregard this.

Again my mistake.

Edited by Banditoralf
2 minutes ago, Banditoralf said:

Then they have to edit that cause that refers to specifically troopers. Not the other units.

My bad.

No worries, i’ve seen it a lot that people don’t realize that Luke and Vader are troopers. Trooper is their type, Commander their rank...

21 minutes ago, Jacen007 said:

No worries, i’ve seen it a lot that people don’t realize that Luke and Vader are troopers. Trooper is their type, Commander their rank...

Oh wow. I didn’t realize they were troopers

Just like people seem to miss that Luke doesn't lose an action from Suppression until he has 3 tokens but receives the Cover bonus from having 1 or 2 tokens.

Yeah, the use of Troopers as a unit type is really close to “Troops”, so I think a lot of 40k players especially get confused. I have to keep reminding myself to refer to Rebel Troopers as a “Corps” unit.

You have to make a difference between role (unit rank) and a kind (unit type).

There are 2 unit types. Trooper and Vehicle. And two subtype for the vehicle, repulsor and ground vehicle.
And there are 5 unit ranks. Commander, Corp, Special forces, Support and Heavy.

The role of each unit could be of any type. We could even see a vehicle commander or a Heavy Tropper. And it don't has to be, that the Heroes (Vader, Luke, Hand) have to be commanders all the time. They could as well be special forces.