Total Unit Cost: 51

Carrion Lancers [15] 1x1
Total Unit Cost: 15

Carrion Lancers [15] 1x1
Total Unit Cost: 15

Reanimate Archers [18] 2x1
Combat Ingenuity [6]
Total Unit Cost: 24

So this list was built around one question and one maxim I’m trying for Waiqar.

1) If one Deathcaller hurts, what would two do?

2) Any Waiqar list that isn’t generating reliable blight is willfully losing out on the factions most powerful tools.

Given the question and the rule, I have a 6 dial list where all 6 dials can generate blight and 5 can trigger effects off of it. I’ve tried it twice and will try more variations with time. I’m looking for impressions, potential changes, and anything else people feel like saying.

I know there is another thread on it. Rebellightworks used to run "deathcaller disco". There are some other threads on topic if you search that. High armor cav meta drove that list early on. Deathcaller getting sniped(kari dice)is concern on list or playing Uth loses a lot of punch except for Ravos.

I think Elves will hate you. Likely, so will Daqan. I think Raven Standard Bearer is a definite leg-up when facing Uthuk, so I'm not terribly worried about the "wasted" points on Deathcaller.

My big concern is that you only have 1 unit that can deal blight to a unit that is already engaged. Sure, Ardus can borrow the Reanimate Archer's surge ability, but you want the archers in the back, screened by Carrion Lancers so that your biggest blight dealer is safe, and the worms take advantage of blight to deal mortal strikes. Ardus, with Obcasium's Gauntlet, wants to go hunting for the most susceptible target for his Death's Grasp condition, so he will hardly ever be close enough to the archers to borrow their surge ability.

...then again, I suppose there's no reason you can't have Ardus shield up and screen for the archers - except he's worth almost three times as much as the worms. That's one expensive blocker.

It has flaws. The difficulty in applying blight to engaged units is certainly an issue.I’ve been using archers for very close support to give a Ardus that option. I’m trying to figure out what to give where to make any changes and swing a second archer unit.

I have tried this two ways. The original list had Blighted Velexium Bearers, which was interesting. It allows a very stupid looking but frustrating strategy of just disengaging at init7 and killing more units, then taking less damage when they charge because they took another blight. This version (with Raven) allows for an Armada style last-first to take down a decent chunk before they can respond. Shift forward at init7 until you get in range and then use init3 melee+skill.

Oddly enough, this has been hands down my best anti-Latari list with Waiqar. Using that shift/skill followed by init3 melee/skill, I can guarantee taking down Maegan/Aliana if both Reanimates have LOS. Being able to vaporize either heavy hitter at nearly zero risk is very helpful. If they aren’t in range, Scions or Leonx get wounded instead. Less ideal, but still helpful. Dropping that 1x3 Leonx down to a 1x2 really helps.

I am am certainly not sure how this deals with Uthuk. Continuing to generate as much blight as possible against a faction that barely acknowledges that it has a rally action seems to be my defense. I’m guessing it isn’t enough.

Figure sniping IS a risk, but I can almost guarantee that I will get at least one round of Deathcallers off. Usually 2.

I’ve also found that I need to approach a little off center or their melee formations. Leaving some available LOS on my Reanimates allows me to keep Killing ranged units and heroes that are moving around behind the main lines.

Yeah, I was toying around with ideas to get another unit of archers, but there isn't much wiggle room.

...I just typed out a paragraph about trading Ardus out for Death Knights, when I realized his Host of Crows makes this army possible. So nevermind. ;)

20 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

Yeah, I was toying around with ideas to get another unit of archers, but there isn't much wiggle room.

...I just typed out a paragraph about trading Ardus out for Death Knights, when I realized his Host of Crows makes this army possible. So nevermind. ;)

Dropping Ardus and his unique and then increasing the Reanimates to 9 trays actually saves 9 points. I have considered it.

Edited by Church14

9 minutes ago, Church14 said:

Dropping Ardus and his unique and then increasing the Reanimates to 9 trays actually saves 9 points. I have considered it.

Yeah, both solo Ardus, and certainly his figure upgrade, could use a slash in price. As I've already ranted in another thread: just compare him to the (with ancient technique) equally priced Ravos who has more health, more dice, faster, built in "mortal strikes", 2 attack dial choice etc.

Edited by Maktorius
On 4/3/2018 at 9:30 AM, natertot said:

I know there is another thread on it. Rebellightworks used to run "deathcaller disco". There are some other threads on topic if you search that. High armor cav meta drove that list early on. Deathcaller getting sniped(kari dice)is concern on list or playing Uth loses a lot of punch except for Ravos.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/258394-deathcaller-disco/