Question about scenario editor

By Interceptor2, in Tide of Iron

I have a question about the scenario editor that I cannot figure out for the life of me. I made my first scenario the other day, titled "Christmas on the Rhine." It is in the mission sections of the support page for Tide of Iron if anyone is interested in playing it. Anyway, everything worked out fine, but I just can't seem to figure out how to get the title to appear on the mission header. It just says "New Mission." How do you put your title in here? Also, I'm having the same trouble with the Descent Editor if anyone is familiar with that. Thanks for the input in advance.

Double click the collapsible tab on the left where it says "New Mission" and it will become highlighted. Its like renaming a file name. You can actually rename nearly every aspect of it, which works great for customs.

It took me a year to find this info out by just clicking around it one evening. I'll have to check out your new scenario...

I would have also two questions about the scenario editor:

1) As I create new "objects" in it, I can choose between Mission (which is clear) and Text. Do I understand it right, that the option Text would

add (to a sceanrio) some page(s) that would consist of only written text (without any section and formatting). However I am not able to achieve this behaviour.

I often have problems with not enough place for text information (which would be nice formatted) happy.gif .

2) Yet I have not figured out how to place in map hexes a background color (by my choice). To create a colored border around a hex, it is not difficult, but with a change of background color though I tried many clicking combinations of editor buttons, I did not succeed. sad.gif

Thanks for advice.

Thanks for the input. To clarify, about adding a title--I double left click where it says new mission, and I then type in the mission name I want? I have tried this, and it is not working. Maybe I need to download an updated version of the editor. Also, Maybe I need to add the new title, save the mission and then output the mission. I'll play around with it.

For Artemis--I'm not sure what the "Text" message in the dropdown menu is for. It doesn't seem to do anything. I have not run into a problem adding text. For example, when I create a mission, I click on "mission background" or "special rules" (in the drop down menu), and it lets me type in as much text as I want.

As to changing the color of a hex, I have not been able to do this. I can select the option that allows you to change the boarder color of a hex, but if I try to select a specific hex, it selects the whole map piece. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Interceptor said:

Thanks for the input. To clarify, about adding a title--I double left click where it says new mission, and I then type in the mission name I want? I have tried this, and it is not working. Maybe I need to download an updated version of the editor. Also, Maybe I need to add the new title, save the mission and then output the mission. I'll play around with it.

Interceptor:

Your little problem can be solved by simply pressing a key "Enter". I also in a past wondered why it did not work out, but if I after modification of any title

pressed Enter, the change was saved happy.gif (If only a solution of every problem could be so simple). Good luck with creating new scenarios.