Rebel Trooper Squad leader?

By Lukez, in Painting

What has everyone done to make this guy a little more unique? I find him a little hard to pose as his gun arm doesn't look very good in any other position.

I cut his head off and replaced it with a Duros head. :D

Same pose, but looks epic.

1 hour ago, serrate said:

I cut his head off and replaced it with a Duros head. :D

Same pose, but looks epic.

Pics!

I need to see his Epic-ness!!

Right now head swaps are by far the easiest option. I’m hoping in the future we see some alternate head and arm options included with the squads. One or two options for each would open up a whole world of possibility.

On 02/04/2018 at 11:25 PM, Force Majeure said:

Pics!

I need to see his Epic-ness!!

I'd also like to see that! I wanted to try but there heads are pretty different angles. Did you need to use putty to gap fill? I found the duros head fit on the at rt pilots a little easier.

I swapped the AT-RT rider's gun arm with the leader's binoc arm and also modded the leader's left arm so he's holding two rifles straight out.

I painted him Pantoran

2 hours ago, Rogue Dakotan said:

I swapped the AT-RT rider's gun arm with the leader's binoc arm and also modded the leader's left arm so he's holding two rifles straight out.

Got pics? When I was dry fitting the gun arm forward it seemed like it would look a little awkward.

2 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

I painted him Pantoran

Definitely like this idea. Planning todo a few Pantoran and Mirilan troopers.

6 hours ago, Lukez said:

Got pics? When I was dry fitting the gun arm forward it seemed like it would look a little awkward.

IMG_20180331_173538.jpg

IMG_20180331_095831.jpg

IMG_20180331_103829.jpg?width=586&height

I just cut the pegs clean off both arms, stuff a bit of Green Stuff into the holes, and then put glue on the arms and pressed them into the greeen stuff. Then I smoothed out or trimmed off any green stuff that came out of the socket to make sure therer wasn't a gap.

On 04/04/2018 at 11:40 PM, Rogue Dakotan said:

IMG_20180331_173538.jpg

IMG_20180331_095831.jpg

IMG_20180331_103829.jpg?width=586&height

I just cut the pegs clean off both arms, stuff a bit of Green Stuff into the holes, and then put glue on the arms and pressed them into the greeen stuff. Then I smoothed out or trimmed off any green stuff that came out of the socket to make sure therer wasn't a gap.

That looks great! I really like the binoculars on the atrt as well :)

Here is my head swapped Duros leader...

DSC_0685.JPG