Question form first few games.

By Keithandor, in Rules

1) can a unit leader claim more than one objective ? Can the leader carry more than one ?

2)Can vehicles get cover ?

I know speederbikes have cover one , but can they get cover from terrain ?

The RRG states that the barricades that come in the core game do not provide cover for the vehicles. As far as custom terrain the rule is if 50% or more of the mini is obscured by terrain it provides cover if you establish that with your opponent before the game.

We've just been playing that if 25% of the vehicle is covered using TLOS it gets Cover 1 and if 50% or more is covered it gets Cover 2.

It makes a lot more sense and allows for more clever positioning than pointing at each piece of terrain before the game and deciding it grants x cover to all vehicles behind it.

I looked up multiple objectives and decided they had every chance to forbid it but did not. I say go for it, just don't put all your eggs in one suppressible basket!

9 hours ago, Tvayumat said:

We've just been playing that if 25% of the vehicle is covered using TLOS it gets Cover 1 and if 50% or more is covered it gets Cover 2.

It makes a lot more sense and allows for more clever positioning than pointing at each piece of terrain before the game and deciding it grants x cover to all vehicles behind it.

As long as you and your opponent clear this at the start of the game, you can do whatever you want for the covers.

The RRG rules are not the best as well. They are good for a simple system, but not an accurate one. If only a small part of a vehicle is behind the cover it full count. I prefer as well a cover rule by the amount you can see from the target. But they decide to use a flat cover value instead.

But the way you do it is fine, as long as both player agree to it.

3 hours ago, Tokra said:

As long as you and your opponent clear this at the start of the game, you can do whatever you want for the covers.

The RRG rules are not the best as well. They are good for a simple system, but not an accurate one. If only a small part of a vehicle is behind the cover it full count. I prefer as well a cover rule by the amount you can see from the target. But they decide to use a flat cover value instead.

But the way you do it is fine, as long as both player agree to it.

It's likely been chosen this way to minimize the impact of modeling for advantage. By choosing to determine cover by footprint instead of TLOS %, there's no incentive to do extreme mods to your AT-ST to make it ducking, or similar.

22 minutes ago, kaffis said:

It's likely been chosen this way to minimize the impact of modeling for advantage. By choosing to determine cover by footprint instead of TLOS %, there's no incentive to do extreme mods to your AT-ST to make it ducking, or similar.

I still prefer a "double blind" way. Where you can only see what you can see, and if there is a AT-ST suddenly in front of you, because you could not see it behind the building, the suprise is even bigger :D .

Sadly this is option for a tournament play, heck, not even for a friendly game. You would need two boards, two troops, and a person who run from one to the other to see if there is a line of sight.

But still, this is the most fun way to play such a game.

Haha, that WOULD be fun as ****. It seems like this is what we have computer games for, though.