Curved/sloped terrain

By Muelmuel, in Rules

For movement across terrain that slopes/curves as the unit moves(I.e. hill, slope to dune/plateau) how do we measure movement with the straight flat movement tools?

(both curve up and curve down scenarios)

Just lay it down as good as possible on the terrain and move the model as accurately as possible.

if not possible, hold the template above the terrain and move the model trying to be as accurate as can be.

I imagine the only thing they meant by the "must be laid flat" rule is you cant have a model tilted up at a sharp angle. If its on a ramp and not a cliff, it should be fine.

Cliff terrain may be easier to work with both to create and play on but sloped terrain looks more natural.

6 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

I imagine the only thing they meant by the "must be laid flat" rule is you cant have a model tilted up at a sharp angle. If its on a ramp and not a cliff, it should be fine.

Cliff terrain may be easier to work with both to create and play on but sloped terrain looks more natural.

If your terrain has cliffs/terraces then the height of them will determine if you can move up them or have to climb/clamber up them.